PDA

View Full Version : Stop email to BB during a time window (BIS)

robchow
07-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I finally figured a best way for me to get work email on my BB based on reading various post about the redirector; I am not going to use the redirector. My company does not have BES; we use POP to our Outlook and email is saved on the server for 10 days (company policy so that we can use our webmail if need be). To make sure that I have a copy of sent emails (e.g. sync with Outlook) that were done on the BB, I will setup the auto BCC at BIS and set a filter not to receive emails sent by me.

On to the question that I need help with
When I am in the office, I don’t need to get work emails on my BB. Is there away to do this? Do I use the firewall on the BB? I still want to get personal emails that were set in BIS.

Thanks

jeremyckitching
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There is not a way to stop the e-mails from coming all together. The e-mails will eventually come to the BlackBerry. You could turn off the data services on the BlackBerry, but that would stop other data-driven services.

Thatzmister2u
07-13-2007, 06:23 PM
On BIS you can login to the website and edit the account. Check Do not forward to handheld. When you are ready to get them go in and un-check it. But I beleive it will pick up where you paused it.