PDA

View Full Version : External Antenna or Antenna Booster for 8830?

Mortgage_It
07-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Has anyone come across an external antenna booster or antenna for the 8830 device? I travel in a area with poor signal service and could use the help of an antenna add-on.

akosnitzky
07-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

It depends on location of use (home or outside). I am in the Rocky Mts this week and get better reception here than I do at home in FL. People here who use other companies go with the booster. They find the attena (sp?) inconvenient.

RoC1909
07-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Has anyone come across an external antenna booster or antenna for the 8830 device? I travel in a area with poor signal service and could use the help of an antenna add-on.

Try the 'foil trick'.

Take some foil and fold it into 'postage stamp' size. Open the battery cover, place it on the battery and then replace cover.

Whether this works or not is up for grabs but quite a few people say that they have gotten better reception using this method.

I think I found this tip on these forums or one of the 'other' major BB boards. Doing a search will probably come up with it.