PDA

View Full Version : MMS ADAPTATION message

cheesmos4
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi i am new in this forum, but i have been lurking for couple of months trying to get some answers. Anyways i see that everyone is pretty helpful here so i thought i might bring my problem to you guys. Here i go: my carrier is ATT and i just got the 8800, i love it but when my friends or buisness partners trying sending me videos it brings up a error message saying that

MMS adaptation has erased components to my message, and that mms is too large in size or not terminally compatiable.

Now i have went through tech with att and BB and they have no idea what is going on, i mean to the point that they put me in another 8800.

So i wanted to ask you guys what the hell can be going on, all my service books under the advanced options are good (MMS related) and all options are correctly checked. Please help, thanks in advance

cheesmos4
07-17-2007, 09:09 AM
i didnt have the phone with me last night the actuall message is this

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal."

now i know that the mssages are not too large cause people from blackberry tried sending me a MMS and i got the samething what could it be?

jonbost
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
You might have to call AT&T on this one because I have never had a problem with MMS messages. Sounds like something might be set wrong with your account for the MMS not to be coming thru right.

cheesmos4
07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
That's what I told them and they are saying that everything is right. That is why I wanted to see what you all thought of the whole thing. Is there a specefic setting that someone knows of, that should be set?

re4me01
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I have the Curve and am getting the same message. I went to an actual AT&T store and the guy there worked with my phone for nearly an hour.. while working with it he also discovered that his 8800.. which he had recently got.. could not receive video either. He told me to give him a few days and he would work on it to see why I and him was not receiving video. I plan to run by there tomorrow (Saturday) to see if he has found any leads..

I thought for the heck of it I would call the service reps (in the meantime) at the 1-800 number for help and all they want to do is put me in another phone. But, I take it that did not work for you :(

What is going on.. I live in Georgia. Could it be a regional issue or something? I mean I and the guy both from the store could not get video.. it has to be some sort of AT&T issue.

motogq
07-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I have the 8800 as well & was never able to receive videos. When I browse the web on my BB & save an image & send it to my girlfriends Sony Ericson phone, she also gets that message. But I can receive pictures from her phone. Weird.