PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Mail Sync Issues

jonbooth
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello

I have just bought 3 x 8800 and have successfully installed BES Express from the website. I am using SBS 2003 with Outlook Exchange 2003

Problem 1

I have everything working apart from one slight problem, when i delete / move a mail in Outlook it remains on the BB. When i move / delete items from the BB, it doesn't move / delete the mail from Outlook.

The only thing that i have it doing successfully is downloading email

I have run through the settings for Email Reconciliation and set "Delete On" to "Mailbox and Handheld" and the Conflicts is set to "Mailbox Wins"

Problem 2

Not that i have looked in to this yet, but can i sync a different calendar with my BB. It is default to Sync my personal calendar and i could do with it Syncing the office calendar instead if poss.

Thanks for any help you give.

Cheers
Jon

ladydi
07-17-2007, 01:58 PM
first, you should post in the BES admins sections

1. there is a thread regarding this in the BES admins section. The reconcile for deletes/ read/unread is not instantaneous. Do a reconcile now on the BB and if nothing reconciles, let us know.

2. the answer is no. The BB is a personal device and sync your PIM data from you mailbox.

jonbooth
07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that, I did look but obviously not hard enough.

The sync thing has been on going for 4 days. There are mails in my Outlook that have been there since Thur / Fri that aren’t on my BB and visa versa.

There are mails that I have purposely left in my Outlook and deleted from BB that are still there from Thursday !!!!!!

Wondering if I have missed something when I have set the system up.

Rossi rules !!! 2007 R1 in the garage (though with the weather in the UK at the moment, wished I had waited)