PDA

View Full Version : Recently bought a 8830 and have a few?'s

DentsNow
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi, I just found the forum and have not got a chance to look around yet. Some questions I have about my phone if anyone knows, are:

I have tried to install the BB music software, after it downloads it screws up my computer making it run very slow and all kinds of weird stuff so I uninstalled it and tried a few more times and still the same thing keeps happening. Do you know if I am doing something wrong?

One other question, I don't know what the difference is for the e-mail options.
It seems there is 2 types of email that can be used, regular and corporate. I only set up the regular email and that has been working great for me but, I didn't understand what the other type was for?

I'm sure some of my answers are around here some were, so I look around and try to figure it out. If any one can help me that would be great too. Thanks!!!!

John Clark
07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Do you have a corporate email you'd like to access? If so, check with your IT department and see if they have a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) that you can connect your BB to to receive your corporate email. Keep in mind, though, that once connected to the BES your device becomes their device i.e. they control what you can do with it.

DentsNow
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, thanks, thats what I thought it was for. No, I work for my self so I am fine with the regular email, I just was not sure if it did something else I should know about.

Does anyone know why the music software is messing up my computer every time I down load it? I bought this phone mainly for email, music, internet browser, and to make calls. Everything works perfect except the music downloading software. Honestly I like the BB's better than the iphone but it is not doing what it is supposed to. I might try the iphone if I can't get this to work.

EmptyInTheHead
07-17-2007, 07:14 PM
You are trying to install the Desktop Manager software version 4.2.2? That is the only music downloading software I am aware of for the BB. I have not heard of it causing any slowness problems or computer problems. It does take a while to install and you have to just wait and be patient while it installs.

DentsNow
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
It came with 2 disks. one is VZAcess manager software and user's guide. I think that one was ok and the other one is BlackBerry User Tools. I think this is the one that is giving me the problems. I was patient as it did take a very long time to install. Once the problems started happening I tried uninstalling it and my computer was still acting strange so I did a memory reset to a later date and that fixed it. Then I patiently tried this 2 more times and the same thing kept happening. I have a pretty basic Dell note book computer that is only 2 years old. I don't think the file is to big but I don't know? I thought maybe this has happened to someone else this would be the place to find out. I'm gonna try calling maybe verizon or BB tech support tomorrow. I just started back at the gym and I'm going crazy with no music.

cwosigns
07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I had problems installing from the CD, so I downloaded from the BlackBerry site and it worked all right. Not sure why the difference. I'm on a MacBook running Windows Vista Home Premium edition.