PDA

View Full Version : Emergency calls only VZN phone on Tmobile BES

jdk02001
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Alright so i tried to upload and sync a verizon phone with the enterprise server that was for a Tmobile phone. the t-mobile phone is emergency calls only and only has a data plan no voice. i thought i would be able to also see the emails on my VZN BB if i was able to sync them. Now my verizon BB doesnt make calls but can only send receive data. Its somehow been locked and when i try to call out it says "emergency calls only" or something to that extent. I attempted to save the contacts and then format the phone and re-upload them but to no avail i have not been able to. Please help thanks. I would love to just return the phone to normal

jgb@etree
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Alright so i tried to upload and sync a verizon phone with the enterprise server that was for a Tmobile phone. the t-mobile phone is emergency calls only and only has a data plan no voice. i thought i would be able to also see the emails on my VZN BB if i was able to sync them. Now my verizon BB doesnt make calls but can only send receive data. Its somehow been locked and when i try to call out it says "emergency calls only" or something to that extent. I attempted to save the contacts and then format the phone and re-upload them but to no avail i have not been able to. Please help thanks. I would love to just return the phone to normal

The BES doesn't care who the carrier is. If the user has an IT policy assigned to them that blocks all calls except for emergency calls, that will affect the device regardless of carrier. Try creating and applying an IT Policy that does not block calls on your VZW device

takeshi
07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Yup -- carrier doesn't matter. The IT policy prohibiting calls is your problem.