PDA

View Full Version : Lost BIS account.

mirousseau
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi folks,
Probably easy when you know, but don't have a clue where to start.

The user who had my Blackberry 7510 had a BIS account created. He left the company and I inerited the unit. Now I cannot create myself a BIS account, but I don't care much as I have a BES server.

The problem is that I keep receiving junk from ******@<hidden> from the previous BIS account.

Is there an easy way to just get rid of the BIS account? Or can I retrieve the userid/password since I have the physical unit?

Regards,
Michel

JSanders
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
You can't retrieve the username/password from the device, but you might could get the carrier to cancel the old account. You will probably need to ask them to do just that and explain that you need to set your own up (even if you really don't). You can delete the service books for that email address, but the BIS will likely keep sending them. (Options > Advanced > Service Books).

BBAdmin
07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
To add to JSanders comments, I get this a lot from users who inherit devices. If you call the carrier they can normally track the account using the device PIN number and delete it for you, so call them up, quote the PIN and see what they can do.

mirousseau
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I thought of this one, however I don't have the PIN for our account so I can't call on my own. And my boss doesn't understand the problems it causes me and thus doesn't spend the 3 minutes required to solve my problem.

Thanks anyway guys.

bertiebassett
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought of this one, however I don't have the PIN for our account so I can't call on my own. And my boss doesn't understand the problems it causes me and thus doesn't spend the 3 minutes required to solve my problem.

Thanks anyway guys.

Yes but it's the DEVICE PIN that's linked to that users account, so find your device pin under "options", "status" - it's a 8 digit hex number, then phone the carrier and get them to turn the service off to that device...and no you don't need your boss to call.

might depend a little on the carirer privacy policy, but as BBadmin says it something the definately will have seen before...

Keyscan
08-24-2007, 12:02 AM
The other people are right. You will need to get your carrier to zero the PIN and remove the account from your PIN and ESN/IMEI.

If it is just 1 account you are receiving on, remove the service book for it from options -> advanced options -> service books. The main one to be concerned about is the (CMIME) entry, but you can remove the CICAL service book as well.