PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there a complete user manual?

janeenadamsmartin
07-19-2007, 06:39 AM
I cannot find any user manual/guide that mentions all the 8830 menu options and what they do. Seems even the official User Guide from RIM is lacking this. Am I looking in the wrong place?

juwaack68
07-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Check out Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com) for a user guide. Or at least a whole lot more info then the quick reference card you probably received with your device.

janeenadamsmartin
07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Thank-you, those guides are good, but still don't address all the menu options.

For instance, I am trying to find out what the "enhanced audio" option on the phone menu will do. I think I figured it out, but danged if I can find any official user guide that defines it.

jan

Gmouth
07-19-2007, 10:18 AM
the complete manual is on your CD that came with your blackberry. Its a huge pdf file.

Stinsonddog
07-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Its also linked in a sticky in this forum.

janeenadamsmartin
07-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I have looked at the PDF on the disk -- not there as far as I can see. Similarly I went to the Stinsonddog's tips and didn't see it.

Can someone point out a page where the description of "enhanced audio" is listed?

jan

JSanders
07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't see "enhanced audio" anywhere in the user manual either. Must be something RIM is not so proud of?

EmptyInTheHead
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Enhanced Audio: (1) the act or acts upon which auditory renderings are improved in such a fashion as to cause them to be superior to the original.
(2) a placebo effect setting often given to mobile phone users such that, when directed by a technical support operator to change said setting, the user is made to believe that voice quality problems have been improved.

janeenadamsmartin
07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
hehehe, Empty!

In this case, I think Enhanced Audio does work -- it did remove the fact that I sounded like I was in a cave -- but I suspect folks will now here more background noise. Haven't had the opportunity to test that out though....

There are other options in those menus without explanation as well; maybe they are meant for tech people and not the user!

jan