PDA

View Full Version : Need to re-install Enterprise e-mail

nbrand
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Hello,

I am new user, so please forgive my ignorance.

My company did not support Enterprise e-mail, so I was using the Blackberry e-mail web interface. It is working great. During that time, I removed the Enterprise Icon/Program, as I kept turning it on by accident.

Now, my company supports Enterprise Activation. I can no longer find the icon/program on my Blackberry. If I deleted it, how do I re-install it. I know how to "un" hide icons, but I do not see it anywhere. :oops:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

OrcP
05-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Hello,

I am new user, so please forgive my ignorance.

My company did not support Enterprise e-mail, so I was using the Blackberry e-mail web interface. It is working great. During that time, I removed the Enterprise Icon/Program, as I kept turning it on by accident.

Now, my company supports Enterprise Activation. I can no longer find the icon/program on my Blackberry. If I deleted it, how do I re-install it. I know how to "un" hide icons, but I do not see it anywhere. :oops:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your blackberry doesn't have the activation icon because it thinks you are setup to use the web client. You may need to wipe the handheld (Options -> Security -> click trackwheel and wipe handheld), after the wipe you should have the enterprise activation icon back. Assuming your BlackBerry admin has added your account and setup an activation password on the BES, you should be able to enter your email and that password to activate on the server.

Keep in mind, wiping the handheld will erase all of the user information from the blackberry so you might want to backup first. During the activation, your Outlook information should sync to the handheld wirelessly.

As well, if you want to continue to use your webclient account, you will need to resend the service books from the web interface (look in Profiles).

NJBlackBerry
05-22-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't think you need to wipe the handheld. Look in Options; I think Enterprise Activation is there.

You will have to go to the Web Client and stop the forwarding of e-mail after you are up on the BES.

nbrand
05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Your blackberry doesn't have the activation icon because it thinks you are setup to use the web client. You may need to wipe the handheld (Options -> Security -> click trackwheel and wipe handheld), after the wipe you should have the enterprise activation icon back. Assuming your BlackBerry admin has added your account and setup an activation password on the BES, you should be able to enter your email and that password to activate on the server.

Keep in mind, wiping the handheld will erase all of the user information from the blackberry so you might want to backup first. During the activation, your Outlook information should sync to the handheld wirelessly.

As well, if you want to continue to use your webclient account, you will need to resend the service books from the web interface (look in Profiles).