PDA

View Full Version : gmail doesn't work on BB

mellis2718
07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi All,
Appreciate any help you might be able to provide. My BB quit getting gmail email a couple of days ago. I log into BIS and account is there and everything. I get the emails in my outlook.
I have tried everything: Pulled battery. Removed acct from BIS and readded, resent service books. It still doesn't work.

Ideas?

JSanders
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
mellis, are you pulling your email into Outlook before it gets a chance to be pushed to the BB?

In your Outlook, look at the Tools, Accounts menu. Edit the current account setup, drill down deep in the advanced setup of that account and you will find a checkbox "Leave messages on server" or something like that. Is that box already checked? if not, check it.

See if that works.

mellis2718
07-21-2007, 07:01 PM
It was unchecked. Checked it to leave msgs on server. Sent several test msgs but still nothing. It has been like 30 minutes. Darn

level9
07-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Were you able to solve this?

mellis2718
07-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Nope. It still doesn't work.

jbairdjr
07-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I would have thought the "Leave messages on Server" box being checked would have solved the problem. Check those settings again, and send some test messages from another account.

jeremyckitching
07-22-2007, 01:19 PM
You may want to also ensure that, in the Gmail account, you have the POP option enabled. I know it should automatically enable that option when adding the account via BIS, but just double check to make sure.

Go to Settings > Forwarding and POP inside your Gmail account and check to see if it is enabled.