PDA

View Full Version : How to convert .jar/.jad files to .alx the newbie way...?

heredad
07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Anybody know how to do this in a language us commoners can understand?

I've heard BBmanager can do this, but that software is nowhere to be found...

I've also found a thread that explains the process manually.. through SDK and JDE and a bunch of other acronyms which i've downloaded but have no idea how to implement.

Cheers!

akg
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
You don't want to convert .jar/.jad files to .alx because .alx is just a XML file to tell the Application Loader in Desktop Manager details about the file. You want to convert the .jar/.jad files to a .cod file. If you do a search on those terms you will find the manual way (as you mentioned) and a program that someone wrote that appears to do the same thing automatically.

heredad
07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Sweet thanks man.

alexvega
07-22-2007, 11:10 PM
anyone got the program? the original thread has a busted download link

akg
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Try PM'ing the author.

pronerd
07-24-2007, 07:42 AM
First off if the JAR file in question was compiled with the J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition) compiler, which is very likely, it will not ever work on a BB since they only support J2ME (Java 2 Mobile Edition).

Secondly JAR files are just zipped (compressed) groups of the complied Java class files. Where as the AXL files are XML files that point to a COD file. If you want to use an AXL you need the code to be complied to a COD file.

shr00m
07-25-2007, 12:50 AM
absolutely no need to convert... instead... if you have an extra pc load up desktop software 4.2 service pack 1... the version before media manager was made by roxio...

the old media manager lets you copy your .jar/.jad to the pictures/games folder on the blackberry... on the blackberry you can explore to the folder in pictures/games and open the .jar/.jad it will bring you to a prompt to download....

hence no need to convert, it sucks that roxio didnt keep the ability to copy all types of files, the old media manager allows you to copy ANYTHING , html,pdf etc etc etc... its great... new one is good for actual media though, as it converts to size of screen... saves tons of space

akg
07-25-2007, 08:55 AM
That's cool...I didn't know anything about that.