PDA

View Full Version : General Questions - BB 7250

croix
05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I ordered the BB 7250 from Nokia, it is arriving tomorrow. I have a few questions about how things work.

Email
I use Outlook. I have Outlook setup to access 3 different POP email accounts. Do I have to setup the BB to access all 3 email accounts, or does it use whatever I have setup in outlook? How does it organize the email? (Outlook puts all 3 email accounts into one inbox. will BB? If not, is this going to cause issues when trying to sync?)

Does the BB sync automatically when I plug it into the PC? Or do i have to run a program?

I'll probably think of more in a minute.

thanks in advance.
colin

Luckystrik3
05-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi!
You ordered a Blackberry from Nokia??
You can handle the sync as you like, both ways are possible.
I assume, you use a BWC-Handheld. You have to setup those to access all 3 Accounts separately

coreyg510
05-19-2005, 06:23 PM
You should be able to sync all of your pop addresses with your bb with the exception of maybe one or two. You probably have pop access to most of your accounts (i assume or you wouldnt be able to access some things like yahoo through outlook, or at least i cant without upgrading). Also, you must plug your bb into your pc with DM running and select Intellisync and sync now. A good word of advice is to back up your information at least every 2 or 3 days. However, if you dont use it that much, once a week might suffice.

jbairdjr
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Also, if you are letting Outlook run and download your mail constantly, you will want to have it leave the messages on the server (I then delete them from the server when deleted in Outlook).
If you dont do this, you will not get your mail on your Blackberry (or at least not all of it if Outlook gets it first)