PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection with Audi A3?!

audiberry
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi all,

I just got an 2006 Audi A3 and couldn't wait to use the bluetooth phone kit with my BB 8700. However, my berry bluetooth can't find my car!

As far as I know, the MMI on my car is the latest version and I've followed the instructions in the manual - but still no luck!

Does anyone have any advice or know of a Blackberry phone that will definitely work?

Thanks for your time...

SMF
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
You can head over to NAVplus.us - Navigation forum | MMI | RNS-E (http://www.navplus.us). It's a great forum for Audi Navigation/Multimedia, etc. In the meantime check your BT options on the 8700 - make sure your talking unencrypted. I have an Audi BT kit hooked up to an RNS-E and using 4.2.1 my 8700 works like a dream via BT. The default code is 1234.

I have an 8700g on T-Mobile updated with the latest software (the AT&T version).

SMF

audiberry
07-24-2007, 12:32 PM
You can head over to NAVplus.us - Navigation forum | MMI | RNS-E (http://www.navplus.us). It's a great forum for Audi Navigation/Multimedia, etc. In the meantime check your BT options on the 8700 - make sure your talking unencrypted. I have an Audi BT kit hooked up to an RNS-E and using 4.2.1 my 8700 works like a dream via BT. The default code is 1234.

I have an 8700g on T-Mobile updated with the latest software (the AT&T version).

SMF

Thanks for the fast reply SMF!

Updated my 8700g to 4.2.1 (AT&T update) but still the same problem - when I select 'add device' from the bluetooth menu it still can't find my A3.

My SW Version is 0110 - is that the latest one?

Thanks for the help so far SMF. Really appreciate it.

SMF
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
The latest is 200 (just released). 150 was out earlier this year - that's what I'm running. 110 is supposed to work with BT but I didn't have my BT module until after I upgraded to 150.

I'm assuming your BT came with your car so it should be coded correctly. Can any other phone connect to your Audi BT?

On mine I have my BT options (options menu -> Bluetooth -> options) set to Discoverable - No; Allow Outgoing Calls - Always; Address Book Transfer - All Entries; LED Connection Indicator - On. All I had to do the first time is turn the phone's BT on when in the car (with the RNS-E on) and it found the car BT. It then asked me for the code (1 2 3 4) and synced. To get it to communicate properly I then configured the Audi device (options -> BT -> device properties (with the Audi device highlighted)) to have encryption disabled.

I don't think I'm forgetting any other steps for the initial setup. I would check all the settings like I layed out, make sure both the phone's BT and the car's BT are on and it should find the car. If not try another phone. You might also see if your 8700 can connect to any BT device like an ear piece. It's BT could be broken.

If you're still having problems head over to Navplus.us - there are a couple of very smart Audi Nav folks there.

SMF