PDA

View Full Version : Tier 2 Blackberry Support Can't Help me

05-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Okay, I'm extremely frustrated.

I have spent hours upon hours on the phone with Technical Support to no avail. Here is the problem:

I am synching my addresses on Outlook Express to by BB 7520. The sync works fine. however, in OE I have complete cards on all my contacts. When they come over though, not all the fields populate and the first and last name fields do not populate on BB. Therefore, it is extremely hard to use BB b/c if I know 15 people who work for the same company only the company name shows up and I have to go in there and manually edit the first/last name.

That is a pain, but it gets worse!! Even when I change it manually in BB, suppose that I make a dif. change in OE, then when I re-sync, then it loses the first/last name somehow.

Steps I have taken which didn't work:

I reloaded the Desktop manager and deleted the 400 folders. I have reinstalled the contacts many times. I have tried synching with OE open and without. Nothing has worked --- please help!!

Bottom Line: It appears that the fields in OE and BB don't match up; however, how do I fix it?

corey@12mile
05-20-2005, 09:32 AM
What version of desktop software are you using? What version of OE are you using? Are they both current? Have you deleted your intellisync profile and created a new one? Maybe splurge the few bucks to get Outlook and use it instead.

cd.

05-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for replying. I will post this so everyone knows what happened:

I finally figured it out. OE express had a field named Display Name and First Name/Last Name which was screwing everything up. Once I switched to display name it worked.

You could do this under field mapping in intellsync under Advanced.

Miker
05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Yah, actually I'm surprised you can do the sync at all. We tried syncing with express and it was hidious because express doesn't have all the options for sub catagories that Outlook had. We ended up going with Outlook.

As well, when we did this way back with Palm, you could customize your sync to sync specific fields to other specific fields. Is that an option anywhere?

What version of desktop software are you using? What version of OE are you using? Are they both current? Have you deleted your intellisync profile and created a new one? Maybe splurge the few bucks to get Outlook and use it instead.

cd.