PDA

View Full Version : No Send Option...?

dah1bby
07-24-2007, 08:21 AM
When I try to reply to an e-mail (8800 on AT&T), I can get as far as typing my reply. When I hit the trackball to open the options window, the SEND option has disappeared. I didn't change anything and it was working normal before yesterday. Any thoughts?

aiharkness
07-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Have you tried hard reset (pull battery)? Usually one ot the first things to try--corrects many problems. Also, try rsending service books. (I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you are on BIS...not BES.)

dah1bby
07-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm using a BES. I tried App Loader twice and for some reason the 2nd time was the charm.

mike.dunn
07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Did you pull a backup of your BB before reloading it? it seems that it didn't contact your BES to pull the updated service books, which would make your SEND not show.

talltrini10
08-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I am having a user with this same issue. Got the 8830, worked perfectly for a week, then he lost the ability to browse the net. Verizon had him wipe it, we did a fresh Enterprise Activation, all was well. The very next morning, the reply option disappeared. Not only that, he couldn't delete anything on the handheld that was dated before the most recent activation. Call VZW, they tell us to do another wipe, we reactivate, we're good. Next day, Send is gone AGAIN. I do a Restore, we get send back. That was yesterday. This morning, guess what? Send is gone AGAIN. Just tried a restore, no dice this time. I have never seen anything like this before and I've been working with BB since they were the two line email-only devices. If it matters, the user plugs in to his laptop daily with Desktop Manager running so that he doesn't have email forwarded to his BB while he's at his desk. I do the same with a 7510, but I never have any issues...any help would be greatly appreciated!