PDA

View Full Version : Online Trading via Blackberry. What Brokerages are you using? I can't execute trades.

redliine
07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
I am currently with Credential Direct but am having difficulties executing trades with my 8300. I get Java errors. I can do all of my other online banking, just not use Credential Direct to execute trades with my device. I emailed them and they said that the website is currently not available to accomplish such tasks with mobile phones.

Regardless of what Credential Direct says, is there anything else I can try? I can log into their site fine but when I go to submit a trade it says, "Javascript: An error occured while executing a script".

My other question is, what brokerages allow you to trade with your Blackberry? E-Trade, Scottrade?

Any advice/ help would be really appreciated.. Being able to trade during the day on my BB would be highly beneficial for me.

Thanks.

redliine
07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
bump.. ugh anyone?? :\

rambo47
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Lack of a secure connection precludes most folks (smart ones, anyway) from any banking or trading on a mobile phone. Having said that, I have not heard of any apps for online trading on a Blackberry.

redliine
07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
The thing is, I can do all of my online banking.. it's just that one website.

penguin3107
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
The thing is, I can do all of my online banking.. it's just that one website.

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it.
My 2 cents worth.

redliine
07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
^ I do my banking with my PC but I once checked to see if I could pay a bill using my phone, it worked. I did this test to narrow the problem. It is not the fact that I can't browse any secure website, it just happens to be my trading website.

redliine
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
bump one ast time..

Im surprised this topic hasn't been discussed.