PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for BB 8100

spiceyart
07-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Is anyone aware of the type of speakers that will work with a BB 8100? My bookshelf BOSE speakers hook up nicely to my old IPOD...I wasn't so lucky to find that they would work for my new BB!

spiceyart
07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Good old GOOGLE search produced this...anyone using these? They look really cool!

BOOBTUBE BLACKBERRY SPEAKER SYSTEM

BlackberrySource.com - BoomTube BlackBerry Speaker System (http://www.blackberrysource.com/store/catalog.asp?item=965)

SanFrancisco
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Is anyone aware of the type of speakers that will work with a BB 8100? My bookshelf BOSE speakers hook up nicely to my old IPOD...I wasn't so lucky to find that they would work for my new BB!

All you need is a Seidio adapter to convert the 2.3 to 3.5 port and a male/male 3.5mm connector cable [about $3 at Radio Shack] Then you can hook up anything you want. I have mine set up to play on my desktop Monsoon speaker system. Blasts real nice.

Do a search "seidio adapter" and the threads will come up with links.

No need to get a special set of speakers. Unless you want something that integrates, in which case I am not aware of anything that works like those overpriced iPod speakers.:? ;-)

SanFrancisco
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
By the way, the Pearl cannot integrate inside a speaker system because the USB port is not set up for sound and both it and the 2.5mm port are on the side of the Pearl.

The only portable speaker systems I have seen for the Pearl are like those in your link, but those are speakers for any device, not just the Pearl. And IMHO those illustrated are over priced.

Since that is the case, might as well look for the best priced speakers depending on use: desktop, bookshelf, or for portable uses.

That's why I like the Seidio adapter, for $15 I can connect the Pearl to headphones, speakers and even my car speaker system.

I know what you mean though, those iPod setups sure look cool. I see them at Costco and drool, but then I move on because, well..... it's an iPod. I don't have one so no need to lament too long at the electronics counter.

spiceyart
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
You are ever so HELPFUL!