PDA

View Full Version : How to reload default ringtones?

shimmers
07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi, I have an 8707g and recently upgraded the OS from 4.1 to 4.2. I also used one of the vendor.xml files here to enable all themes. However, I noticed that I no longer have any ringtones. The list of ringtones come up in my Media application, but when I check each ringtone Properties it shows 0.0KB in size and the player is unable to play the file (I downloaded a new ringtone from T-Mobile and that played fine).

Anyone know how I can reload all of the default ringtones? I tried using javaloader to load some media and profiles_tunes cod files but that did not work either.

Anyone?

alexvega
07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
i have the same problem.... i have the ringtones on the device but they all show 0k in size.... any one have any ideas short of reloading the OS?

Alex\

shimmers
07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
i have the same problem.... i have the ringtones on the device but they all show 0k in size.... any one have any ideas short of reloading the OS?

Alex\

Exactly, ANYONE HELP!!!?????

Mark Stone
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Exactly, ANYONE HELP!!!?????I'm currently selling a 7290 on Ebay. When I was using it, I manually deleted all the default pictures that came with it -- you know, the rock arch, the dolphins, the sand dunes -- we've all seen em. I did it just to save a little memory. When I did a wipe on the unit to get it ready for sale, all those pictures re-appeared! In addition to the 4 messages (top 20 tips, etc.). I'm wondering if a wipe would restore the missing ringtones(?) You'd have to do an "advanced" (selective) backup of any info you want to keep, and then restore it back after the wipe. Disclaimer: I have NO IDEA whether this would really work, but it's an idea!:smile: