PDA

View Full Version : Downloading mp3 music

DentsNow
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Can someone please tell me what sites ok for downloading music. I am about to sign up to lime wire because I heard it was ok. Is there any other programs that are any good or better that lime wire? Sorry for the noobish question. Thank you in advance!

DentsNow
07-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Ok, I guess everyone is using lime wire then. I'm signin' up!!!

penguin3107
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Excellent. Have fun stealing music.

My suggestion is to download iTunes, pay for your music, and download it legally.

test54
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
yeah limewire is used for stealing music. Just buy your music, their are plenty of options from iTunes to Yahoo and many others.

If your asking for this type of advice in the forum then its definitely not a good idea to steal music. Your just asking for trouble.

DentsNow
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks test54, I'm looking to hear what different programs there are that are legal to download music from. I will check out yahoo and itunes. Is there any more? Also, is there anything else I would need to download music other that one of these programs? Or is it pretty cut and dry?

davidwayne1983
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
It's pretty simple man. Just hook it up and transfer the music files like you would on any other MP3 player.

DentsNow
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
I thought I read a post that said itunes needs to be converted to go on a BB. Is the a big deal to convert the mp3 from itunes or is there an easier way for this?

daphne
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, I guess everyone is using lime wire then. I'm signin' up!!!

Be careful on Limewire. Scan everything you download there with your anti-virus before opening the file. I run an anti-spyware forum and we get lots of people who are infected from using Limewire and other file sharing networks. Some miscreants deliberately distribute malicious files designed to steal your passords or worse.

You might want to read this, too:

Congress: P2P networks harm national security | Tech News on ZDNet (http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6198585.html)

Sorry, I'm a little rabid about this because I've seen what happens to people.

daphne
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought I read a post that said itunes needs to be converted to go on a BB. Is the a big deal to convert the mp3 from itunes or is there an easier way for this?

It's illegal to tell you how to bypass iTunes DRM, but it can be done. MiniRingtone from Simprit says it can convert songs from iTunes to ringtones, but if the songs are protected, it doesn't work. At least that was my experience. It's a great app, though.

MiniRingtone for BlackBerry - Personalize Your BlackBerry Ringtone for 7100/8700/8100/8800 Series (http://www.simprit.com/miniringtone/)