PDA

View Full Version : 7280 BB died , is it gone for good ?

rider01
07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
My BB will die for no apparent reason . It's 7280 , I bought it off ebay a couple of weeks ago & all was well until one day I was putting some stuff in my address book & the screen went blank & it rebooted itself. Once it got done rebooting I tried to finish putting the addresses in the address book & it done it again. This continued a few more times until it just froze up. I unpluged the batt. & tried pushing the little button under the batt cover. The LED will flash three quick times followed by a pause & then one flash. I'm sure it's some kind of code but I can't find any info on the subject. If I let it sit about 24 hrs & plug it up to the computer then it will comunicate , & I've reloaded the OS several times this way but it always goes dead again. I've even tried wiping it with JL_Cmdr . Is it a paperweight or is there hope ?
Thanks , Rob

LunkHead
07-24-2007, 09:15 PM
If Jl_Cmder connected and wiped and you are still getting the issues then it looks like is dead... It sounds like you have done all that you could to save it!

Sorry,

Kris

hypermaster
07-25-2007, 03:11 AM
Hey...its funny..but i have the same problem..
i just took out my old blackberry 7230 a few days back to upgrade & clean it & just have a look at it...

I upgraded the OS with the latest version & then its re-sstarted & worked fine for a day...
suddenly some screen smudging started sppearing & i took out the battery & inserted it again...it worked fine, but then the same screen thingy started...

then it suddenly went dead... the screen is absolutely dead.... i used JL_CMD thing & i wiped it & loaded a new OS, but all this while the screen is dead...

It loaded the OS properly & even detected the phone, now all i get is a RED BLINKING LIGHT & Nothing else... screen is completely dead...

Is the screen damaged???

Anyways to retrieve this back???