PDA

View Full Version : MyFaves plan on an Unlocked 8800

anderson
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay so I already have a MyFaves phone/plan. I recently acquired a unlocked (originally cingular) 8800. The phone is working great but I don't have the MyFaves application.

My question is: is my MyFaves still working even though I am not using the application? Or is my only limitation the fact that I can only change the MyFaves online?

Thanks!

JSanders
07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Can't you look at your mytmobile site and check if the myfaves is working?

anderson
07-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Can't you look at your mytmobile site and check if the myfaves is working?

I will look into that. It is actually my brother who is trying to use it. I have seen the topic brought up a few times on the forums and I have not seen a clear answer for it. I will update this thread with my findings.

JSanders
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I will tell you it works without the application on that BB. I have read that here, but I would also tell you to search around here and confirm it.

Posting back your find would be great.

anderson
07-25-2007, 12:34 AM
I will tell you it works without the application on that BB. I have read that here, but I would also tell you to search around here and confirm it.

Posting back your find would be great.

That is good news.
I will share my experience too.

Ulukia
07-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Works just fine. Tested personally... bro.

anderson
07-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Great, just to clear that up Tmobile actually pushed the MyFaves app to the unlocked cingular phone.

waine06
07-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Are you able to download the 8800 OS on T-Mobiles website? If so, I think you can get the app and icons on your device. I had them on my 8700 and it worked perfectly. Do a search on this forum for instructions. There are a few modules that you must install on the blackberry alx and java files that will make the app appear as long as you have the My Faves plan. Oh yeah, you still have the service as long you have the My Faves plan; icons are not needed. If the modules are not installed, the app cannot be pushed to your device. Good luck...

Ulukia
07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
waine06, read anderson's post. It pushes the app to the 8800, no need to upgrade or modify the OS firmare. And the phone in question is and was mine so I can confirm that this is what happens.

waine06
07-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Is the app. and My Faves icons on the device after TMO pushes it ? Never seen that happen. I figured that adding information to the software was necessary for my 8700, and that the 8800 was the same. Particularly if the device was branded on a another carrier. :? Has anyone had luck with the app. being pushed to their device; icons and all?

BlackBerryAdict
09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok I have been dealing with this for over more than 4 hours, I an old att phone that I'm using with Tmobile now (8800) and I am also attempting to add my faves on the phone. But now luck yet other than it can be managed through the WAP browser on personal account settings. I will keep everyone updated.

nuopus
09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Is the app. and My Faves icons on the device after TMO pushes it ? Never seen that happen. I figured that adding information to the software was necessary for my 8700, and that the 8800 was the same. Particularly if the device was branded on a another carrier. :? Has anyone had luck with the app. being pushed to their device; icons and all?

Well, technically it isn't "pushed" since it is already on the device. It is just "enabled" when you activate MyFaves. If you don't get a BIS plan with your BlackBerry, you don't get a web browser icon, but the browser is installed. It shows up once you get BIS.

Ulukia
04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
No, it wasn't already on the device. A Cingular/AT&T branded and activated phone doesn't have the MyFavs app. Even if you do not have the app it won't matter. As long as you set your MyFav numbers via my.tmoble.com then all calls to those numbers will be counted as MyFav minutes. To be honest, even having that app on my phone, I never use it since I heavily use voice dialing.

Dinan3
04-10-2008, 12:13 AM
There is a way to get the myFaves icon application to appear on your device. Just follow these simple steps and you're good to go!!! I've done it with my 8310 and it works flawlessly.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html