PDA

View Full Version : Email account problem with new BB 8830

ititchesrealbad
07-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi All,

I recently purchased an 8830 from the Verizon store and when I go to setup the email for the first time today, it says that "An account already exists for this PIN."

Did I get somebody's return within 30 day phone? If so I need to know so that I can tell Verizon that I new a NEW phone. If not, is this normal and how do I get around it? I searched for the exact error that I'm getting and everybody that says that says that their phone was used, but they new that it was used.

Oh, and when I search the exact error from the blackberry support page, no results are returned. Seems odd to me that error messages from the device would be missing. What else would a user search for if they just ignore the error message? That can't be right.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

JSanders
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes, you have two options, if you have not accidentaly entered the wrong PIN or IMEI at the BIS site

1- Call Verizon and tell them just as you did here, you have a new phone and the PIN is already in use. Ask them to release it to you.

2- Get a new phone from your same retailer. They should exchange it outright if you feel it is not new and you purchased a new unit.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forums.

ititchesrealbad
07-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

I think I'm going to go get an exchange. The box looked all messed up when I got it new which, which makes me skeptical of it being new.

someonexh
07-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

I think I'm going to go get an exchange. The box looked all messed up when I got it new which, which makes me skeptical of it being new.

I would talk to the manager of that store also. That's pretty crappy that they gave you a previously used one. You have no idea how many times that PIN was given out or anything. With a regular phone it's not that big of a deal, but with a $500 blackberry where your PIN is very important.. that's another issue.