PDA

View Full Version : Internet service via BB 8100

spiceyart
07-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Good Morning all - I just signed up for internet service and so far my email sending and receiving is fine, however I was told that it could take up to 72 hours to have access to the internet (thru t-mobile). This is a bit annoying to say the least. Has anyone else received this type of delay?

swerveit
07-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Good Morning all - I just signed up for internet service and so far my email sending and receiving is fine, however I was told that it could take up to 72 hours to have access to the internet (thru t-mobile). This is a bit annoying to say the least. Has anyone else received this type of delay?

thats if they have a service backlog ie settings to be sent down to phones sometimes they get bottlenecked. aslong as you have GPRS in capital letters you should be able to access the web.

JSanders
07-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Spicy, pull your battery and reboot, and often the internet browser service book will install on the reboot. It rarely takes 72 hours, more like four, in my experience.

You can also go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table and click to REGISTER NOW. Pull the battery again to reboot.

camaro322hp
07-25-2007, 09:13 AM
did you sign up online or over the phone with a t-mo CSR? i did mine over the phone, and she pushed it all through while i was on the phone with her, and made sure i could browse the internet before we hung up. she said if i would have done it online, it would have taken significantly longer. try calling them.