PDA

View Full Version : Delete from BWC but not BB

damo2576
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi,
Just made a major mistake! Deleted everything out of my inbox on the BWC as it was running out of space and some mails were not being delivered.
However, all emails were deleted from my BB also!
There must be a way of setting the BWC to not delete from handheld?? I cannot find the option anywhere?
Can anyone help at all? FYI I have the 7290.
Many thanks in advance,
Damo

jscully
05-20-2005, 01:17 PM

coreyg510
05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
in mail messages, hit options, e-mail reconciliation.
change the settings there...

the only options under email reconciliation are:

delet on: handheld, handheld&mailbox, prompt

even under prompt, when deleting the message, you are only given three options:

on mailbox&handheld
on handheld
cancel

this is not a solution. The best advice i can give is to save any messages that you deem important and delete any that you can afford to lose. There might possibly be another way, but i have not found it

coreyg510
05-20-2005, 02:49 PM

tobenning
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi,
Just made a major mistake! Deleted everything out of my inbox on the BWC as it was running out of space and some mails were not being delivered.
However, all emails were deleted from my BB also!
There must be a way of setting the BWC to not delete from handheld?? I cannot find the option anywhere?
Can anyone help at all? FYI I have the 7290.
Many thanks in advance,
Damo

You can save the message on your bb. It will appear in the Saved Messages app.

coreyg510
05-20-2005, 04:24 PM
another option is to foward all mail to another account such as yahoo. There i can view messages sent and received

jscully
05-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I just tested it....my bad....
This is the way I have it set-up.
I have all my mail going to my regular email accounts, and then to blackberry.net (BWC account is just the "middle man"). I have it set to automatically delete (auto-age) all e-mail every 5 days, from the Webclient.
When I delete on BB, it deletes on BWC.
I never open my BWC, and let it do its thing, and I have all the e-mail on my BB, and in my email accounts.
But, as I just tested, if I delete in the BWC and do a reconcile, it blows them out out of the BB.

On the handheld:
reconciliaton set to:
Delete on "Mailbox & Handheld"
Wireless reconcile "On"
On Conflicts "Handheld Wins"

the only downside is that you don't have the "whole e-mail" on your BB (if you hit "more" on a big e-mail, there's nothing to download).

damo2576
05-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I just tested it....my bad....
This is the way I have it set-up.
I have all my mail going to my regular email accounts, and then to blackberry.net (BWC account is just the "middle man"). I have it set to automatically delete (auto-age) all e-mail every 5 days, from the Webclient.
When I delete on BB, it deletes on BWC.
I never open my BWC, and let it do its thing, and I have all the e-mail on my BB, and in my email accounts.
But, as I just tested, if I delete in the BWC and do a reconcile, it blows them out out of the BB.

On the handheld:
reconciliaton set to:
Delete on "Mailbox & Handheld"
Wireless reconcile "On"
On Conflicts "Handheld Wins"

the only downside is that you don't have the "whole e-mail" on your BB (if you hit "more" on a big e-mail, there's nothing to download).

Thanks for all the input everyone. So, jscully, you never have any email on your handheld older than 5 days? Or am I missing something?

jscully
05-21-2005, 12:19 PM
No, it's only in the webclient for 5 days, it's on the Blackberry indefinitely.
It's just the top of the emails, so if it's a long email that you normally have to select "more" for, you won't be able to download the "more" as it's not in the webclient...so if it's a big email that you want to keep, hit "save".
Hope that helps.