PDA

View Full Version : Verizon BB 7250 Missed Calls

sgm-co
05-20-2005, 01:16 PM
confirmation

Seems as though I miss calls randomly.

BB might be sitting on my desk, the I look down and see "you have a new voice mail". The phone never rang and it didn't list the missed call. I have all calls checked under call logging.

Verizon tells me if I am surfing the web or getting email pushed from my corp email or my personal email it will go directly to VM. Is this fact or fiction? Should a phone call take priortiy. I seem to be missing calls left and right and the answer they give me doesn't seem to make sense.

HELP!!!

TX

SGM-CO

tobenning
05-20-2005, 08:42 PM
If your Blackberry is accessing data or email, the voice call will not go through. Do you have an IM client loaded or something else accessing the data portion of your plan? Or sometimes the service can't get to the phone but the voicemail gets delivered the next time it contacts the network.

rsun
05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Have you tried dialing the *22899 to make sure you have all the latest tower information programmed into your BlackBerry?

ero2
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
verizon had always been this way for me, regardless of which phone I have or had. This had always been my beef with them, BUT because they have the best coverage I put up with the missed calls. I *228 all the time, it doesn't seem to help.

rudyo
05-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I have a 7250 with verizon and can also confirm this exact same behavior. For me it hasn't happened all that much, so while it is pain, it is bearable.
I believe they do have much better coverage in my opinion, so I'll continue on with them.

Dusty Saddle
05-21-2005, 05:38 AM
If you have software that automatically updates weather or stock quotes, this, in addition to receiving email, could cause a call to go directly to voicemail. This happens on my 7250.

rsun
05-21-2005, 09:53 AM
That's interesting, I've never heard that. One thing you could try, but of course not supported by Verizon, is to upgrade your firmware to a newer version. I found that Earthlink is giving 4.0.0.230 code for the 7250, while Verizon is only giving 4.0.0.204 code. I've installed it on two users hoping it will fix these BlueTooth bugs we keep bumping into, but it'll be interested if there receive calls will be better. Maybe you can test this as well?

sgm-co
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Sounds like this is an issue in general. My company just switched from Qwest in Colorado and although many folks don't like Qwest the wireless service they provide here is second to none. I'm amazed that everyone thinks Verizon is so great, but I guess unless I am travelling all the time, the don't have the best coverage as far as I am concerned.

Back to the issue at hand. I'll do the network upgrade code, but since this is a brand new device I don't think they have rolled out huge network upgrades. Am running VeriChat and making sure to log off and exit when done chatting. Other then that, just have my personal email forwarding to the device and corp email coming in through Notify. I'll change how ofter Notify checks for email. Is there a way to do that in the web client as well?

Thanks for the info

SGM-CO

justin.culp
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
wow

mobile316
05-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Just FYI the *228 feature is not just for drastic network changes and additions. While it is for that, also, if Verizon adds any new SID's or BID's the *228 will update your PRL in the phone. Big help on battery life. As far as the VM picking up the call, it will happen anytime the BB is "reaching" the network for data. _ero2_ did you have this problem on just a regular handset?

dkmadrid
05-27-2005, 01:13 PM
While it is for that, also, if Verizon adds any new SID's or BID's the *228 will update your PRL in the phone. Big help on battery life.

Very good to know, thank you!!

Networker
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
So I'd guess BBweather would or could cause this as well? Or does BBweather only update when it is up and running on the screen only (for updates)?

I had that happen today, however I cannot confim as I was in our Co-Lo space and signal quality in there is bad.

John

rudyo
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I can confirm that this is the case. This has happened to me many, many times. The issue is also exhibited by the fact that you cannot receive email or use data while on a call. SMS works, but not data. This is a real pain when on a long conference call and you need to send or receive emails.

As irritating as it is, I put up with it as I believe Verizon still has the best coverage and call quality. I can't do Cingular.

aristobrat
07-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Same issue here -- calls often go straight to VM on my 7250. I don't have any 3rd party app that could be using data, and I never see any new emails in my inbox around the time I get the SMS saying that I have a new VM, although I guess that it's possible the BB itself was using data reconciling or something like that.

It's frustrating. We had a major production issue yesterday where I was going back and forth with the vendor and I missed 4 calls because of that.

I had the same issue with my i600 WM Smartphone on Verizon a year or two ago. Never had any issues with T-Mobile or Cingular, so I'm guessing it's probably a CDMA vs GSM thing?

dbly1850
07-22-2005, 02:58 PM
confirmation

Seems as though I miss calls randomly.

BB might be sitting on my desk, the I look down and see "you have a new voice mail". The phone never rang and it didn't list the missed call. I have all calls checked under call logging.

Verizon tells me if I am surfing the web or getting email pushed from my corp email or my personal email it will go directly to VM. Is this fact or fiction? Should a phone call take priortiy. I seem to be missing calls left and right and the answer they give me doesn't seem to make sense.

HELP!!!

TX

SGM-CO

I lose calls too - is there a 3rd party program or some kind of alert / sound that can be set so you know you missed a call or have a voice mail waiting?
I am not always watching the screen and even then it's easy to over look the tiny voicemail icon. Would be great if it would beep or something

aristobrat
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
I lose calls too - is there a 3rd party program or some kind of alert / sound that can be set so you know you missed a call or have a voice mail waiting?
I am not always watching the screen and even then it's easy to over look the tiny voicemail icon. Would be great if it would beep or something
Whenever I get a voicemail, in addition to the tiny icon, I also get a SMS text message in my inbox telling me how many VMs I have.

For notification, I set my "Default" profile up to vibrate/play a sound anytime I get a SMS. :)

dbly1850
07-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Whenever I get a voicemail, in addition to the tiny icon, I also get a SMS text message in my inbox telling me how many VMs I have.

For notification, I set my "Default" profile up to vibrate/play a sound anytime I get a SMS. :)

Well it's not a SMS message.. if it was, you could use "Message Alert" a 3rd party software, to key up on it and have it beep, pop up window, vobrate - the whole nine yards..

-David

aristobrat
07-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Hmmmm, I get a SMS message from "Voice Mail" that says something like:
2 NEW VMAIL 0 URG 0 FAX *86

... in addition to the little icon at the top of the screen

Maybe it depends on which Verizon market you're in as to whether or not you get that in addition to the little iocn?

hisierra
07-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I am new to use of the Blackberry. I have a 7250. I find that when I travel across country and turn my BB back on, it does not automatically set to the time zone I am in. I have tried changing the setting to the system time but that doesn't seem to work.

Help