PDA

View Full Version : SMS on Verizon 7250..and your opinion

bb4lfe
05-20-2005, 02:35 PM
I am thinking of switching to the 7250 for Verizon, from a 7520 on Nextel. One thing I would love to have is the ability to text message people, recieve and send. As everyone knows the 7520 cannot do either basically at all. Is this possible on the 7250, and is it easy? Do incomming SMS messages tell you who its from? Anyone else have any opinions on it? Thanks

coreyg510
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
not sure about the 7250 (although i think that they are pretty similar) one thing to do is to check verizons website. they might mention it. However, i dont believe that text messages are different because of the device as much as the provider.
sending a text is easy and yes, a phone number of the party sending or the name of a person in your phone book if the number is saved as a contact will appear. great mobile messaging for those friends who dont have BB's

bb4lfe
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks. Do you have this model? how do you like it? My company is on BES 4 Will I have a full browser/Ability to use the AIM clients?

coreyg510
05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Have a 7290 and I love it. great keyboard and dual settings for lighting control. Like i said, i dont think that there is much difference from the 7290 and the 7250

Networker
05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I got the 7250 from VZW, wish the screen was bigger but over all I love it. I have no other BB to compare too. SMS is so much better one this than on my Motorola v60s.

sending SMS and email is easy, web surfing is surprisingly speedy too.

John

rhandel
05-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I have the 7520 and like it a lot. First BB I have owned but I have used many older BBs. I have downloaded ringtones and set up my own website for hosting my stuff (I have comcast at home and my site is there...).

The only bad thing about Nextel is their pricing structure for data xfer. There are certain things that there is a data limit on. Be carefull you don't run up a huge bill.

I wish the 7520 had ADP or MP3s for ringtones. We can only use Midi files from what I understand.

Everything else is REALLY easy to set up. I have lots of backgrounds and ringtones already. A lot of the Java programs work on the 7520 as well. I have a few games and a couple different IMs on it. (I don't use Nextels because of cost).

Maybe more later.

Robin

Dusty Saddle
05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
I have the 7250 from Verizon. SMS is very easy but is not included in your data package. You pay the regular rate for SMS, unless you have one of their SMS packages.

bb4lfe
05-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Thank you very much for your responses!

How much are the SMS plans for Verizon? I cannot seem to find them on their site. Thanks.

ero2
05-21-2005, 04:10 AM
IN text messaging (like IN calling) unlimted, plus 50 messages outside of verizon is now only 5$

For you all with the 7250, I am picking one up, and am curious, as long as you have the unlimited data plan, you can surf the web as well as send and receive all of your emails correct?

Dusty Saddle
05-21-2005, 05:34 AM
ero2,

Yes, you can surf the net and get all of your email with the unlimited data plan. There is some neat software available that will update your weather and stock quotes (PocketDay - http://www.crossriversystems.com/) and you can download news with an RSS reader (Newsclip - http://www.virtualreach.com/page1.html).

Enjoy your 7250 - it's addictive.

IN text messaging (like IN calling) unlimted, plus 50 messages outside of verizon is now only 5$

For you all with the 7250, I am picking one up, and am curious, as long as you have the unlimited data plan, you can surf the web as well as send and receive all of your emails correct?