PDA

View Full Version : Changing Applications on my Home Screen

LCarter
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I have a new Blackberry and I cannot change/switch applications on my home page. I have calender as one of the applications on my home page, I want my address book on my home screen.

parisot
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a new Blackberry and I cannot change/switch applications on my home page. I have calender as one of the applications on my home page, I want my address book on my home screen.

Which theme are you using?

LCarter
07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
BB Dimension Today

mfromin
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Sorry to tell you that you can't change that. But if you could what would you want to see? The today one shows you stuff going on "today" like emails, calls , appts...what would you expect to see for Addr Book?

I use that theme and have my convenience key set to addr book so I can get there quickly if needed.

Maverickster
07-27-2007, 01:36 PM
That's not entirely true. You *could* create a new theme using the Plazmic ThemeBuilder 4.2.2 based on the Dimension Today theme and change the homescreen applications that way...seems like a lot of work, but it is doable.

--Mav

cwonsey
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
IMO, the best theme for limiting your options on the home screen while being able to select which options are displayed on the home screen, is the Blue Silk theme that is mentioned on other posts here. It is the same as the Zen themes as far as icon setup if you don't want to install a new theme.

Basically, these themes place 5-6 icons on your home screen, taken from the first icons listed on your applications screen. This obviously wouldn't help you if you need to be able to see your calendar and such on your home screen, but you could always program your convenience key to the calendar in that event.