PDA

View Full Version : Major Apple/PowerBook and BB questions

jmob
05-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi all. First-time poster, long-time lurker highly appreciative of all the help I've received from these posts.

After exhaustively searching, I'm aware that I can indeed configure my 7230s with a PowerBook dual G5.

My questions relate to using some of the hosted BESs and IM applications.

My wife has her own domain name and runs her email through their POP-client using entourage. How can she use that email address with her blackberry and sync her sent/received messages with entourage?

How can we use the IM functions.

I also have a WinPC. Can I set up the IM or BES-required programs using the PC and then allow her to sync with the G5? Can any hosted BES work with outlook, or must it be Outlook?

Thanks!
JMOB

arche3
05-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Use a hosted BES exchange service such as Mailstreet for your email. Exchange will sync with Outllok on PC, BUT!!!! it also sync's with entourage 2004 on Mac.

I have G4 powerbook with Entourage 2004 sync'd to Mailstreet hosted Microsoft exchange email server with my company domain email addresses.
(I have a business with my own domain.)

This setup simply works.

You point your mail (DNS address) from your current service to the new hosted microsoft exchange service. Then entourage talks to the exchange server everytime it is online. Blackberry talks to the exchange server every few minutes. Everything is over the air. No cradles to update between blackberry and mac,entourage.

jmob
05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Wow. Thanks arche3! Can't wait to fiddle with this!