PDA

View Full Version : Help with nextel 7520 alternate line

chrisbb7520
05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
I wanted to have a two line cell phone/pda, in my area nextel was the only option. I was told by nextel the 7520 could do this. After purchasing the unit, i could not get the unit to indentify which line was ringing(both numbers worked to make the phone ring). After calling the 1800 line i was told there was not any way to call out on the second line and they did not know any way to set up different ring tones for the two lines(any attempt to set up a different tone on the primary line, also rang on the alternate line). Anyone have experience or know how to set up the second alternate line with a different ring? thanks chris

Dawg
05-22-2005, 07:04 AM
on the old phones I did but not on the bb

yahtzee
05-22-2005, 10:23 PM
I wanted to have a two line cell phone/pda, in my area nextel was the only option. I was told by nextel the 7520 could do this. After purchasing the unit, i could not get the unit to indentify which line was ringing(both numbers worked to make the phone ring). After calling the 1800 line i was told there was not any way to call out on the second line and they did not know any way to set up different ring tones for the two lines(any attempt to set up a different tone on the primary line, also rang on the alternate line). Anyone have experience or know how to set up the second alternate line with a different ring? thanks chris

Alternate line is not avail on 7520 - only split billing.

rcg
05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
What Yahtzee said.