PDA

View Full Version : Web Browsers Cannot Connect to Server, Etc.

alicewaters
07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I just spent two hours on the phone with both RIM and AT&T Wireless- my pearl keeps receiving error messages when it tries to connect to the internet saying that it either cannot connect or that a communication failure has occurred. They were befuddled by the problem as the EDGE network in my area is fine, I have full signal, and the device is sending and receiving email. We first tried to free up space, which helped to some extent since I can now connect about half of the time. The RIM rep told me to call back when I had another hour to spare and a PC at my disposal (I am a Mac user) and we would remove my service book and then put it back on.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there anything I can do about it without having to remove my service book?

Thanks!

JSanders
07-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Removing and resending the Service book is probably the best thing you could do--why wouldn't you?
Pull the battery and reboot.

John Clark
07-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Did you purchase the 8100 new or used? If it's used, does it have an IT Policy on it? Look in Options >Security Options >General Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and look for an "IT Policy"