PDA

View Full Version : BugMeNot

tommyboy
07-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Holy ****. I got bored and went to bugmenot.com and typed in blackberryforums.com and found a bunch of BBF user names and passwords to use. CRAZY!!

tcusta00
07-31-2007, 06:24 AM
So what? That doesn't mean that the usernames belong to someone who doesn't know about it... It could just be dummy accounts that they setup for their own purposes, ie to share with their users.

LovingMyBB
07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Regardless if its true or not...thats kind of scary....Any type of information about this BB Forum Moderators?

http://btkuhhn.blogspot.com

tcusta00
07-31-2007, 07:09 AM
Why is it scary if they're giving out their own login info?

nimocone
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
From their FAQ: "You're browsing the web and you click a link to an article on a site (let's say nytimes.com) but instead of getting the article you get a screen asking you to login or register. Infuriated at the idea of pointlessly registering for yet another site you turn to your good buddy bugmenot.com"

"It's important to note that all of the username/password accounts listed on bugmenot are added by users such as yourself. If you can't find a working login for a site then you are encouraged to register with that site (using fake details of course) and then add the username/password to bugmenot for other users to use. Never enter your real login details into bugmenot- everyone else will be able to see them!"

tcusta00
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Exactly - they're not stealing login info from real users. It may be against BB Forum rules and if so, mods should delete the users. Otherwise, how does it effect you and me? It doesn't.

BBAdmin
07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
I think the problem with stuff like this is that it discourages people from being part of a community. With some sites I can understand it, but you can browse BBF and even search without a user account, so there's no reason to use some bogus account.

tcusta00
07-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah but if they don't see the value in joining the community, do we really want them anyway?

I think the site is a great idea, personally - not for BBF because, like you said, you don't need to register to browse the forum, but for sites like my local newspaper, the Baltimore Sun, where I need a login to read older articles, which is absurd.

Point is, it's not the big "holy ****" that it was made out to be at the top of the thread.