PDA

View Full Version : Video Playback on my 8800

anderson
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
I am trying to playback video on my BB 8800. I am using the latest Vodaphone OS available.

When playing back the video, sometimes it will stutter but the audio keeps going. Then after a few seconds the video will catch up. On something small like family guy (~20min) it isn't a big deal. But on an episode of Prison Break (~43min) it is a real PITA.

Any ideas? My MiniSD card is made by corssair (1gb). I usually compress at the medium setting in Roxio and have it fill the screen (as much as the 8800 will).

Is this a know problem or am I doing something wrong?

Kardall
08-02-2007, 02:41 AM
I would think it has to do with the player itself, and how it manages memory.

The BB doesn't use the memory on the stick, so you only have the onboard memory to manage the codecs...

That causes problems with video playback on old computers and I imagine it's the same deal on the BB's.

what you could try (just for kicks), is try to encode whatever you are doing, as horribly crappy as possible... like < 5mb for your show, see what happens.

For an approximate comparrison, the files that work fine on your device, just check the filesize, and get as close to that as possible with encoding...

From there, see if it has a problem with stutters.

If it doesn't, then increase the size/quality slowly, until you find out what settings work properly ... do different "lengths" of shows, and post your results in the forums, i'm sure others would appreciate the feedback as well :)