PDA

View Full Version : HELP! locating a tracking ball

skinny boy
08-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I dropped my 8800 and the ball popped out and rolled around somewhere in safeway. And blackberry wants me to pay 190 to send my phone in for a repair when the phone it self was only 200. bbrepairshop.com is out of the tracking ball and dosent know when they will recieve more. does anyone know anywhere else i can look?

dc/dc
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I dropped my 8800 and the ball popped out and rolled around somewhere in safeway. And blackberry wants me to pay 190 to send my phone in for a repair when the phone it self was only 200. bbrepairshop.com is out of the tracking ball and dosent know when they will recieve more. does anyone know anywhere else i can look?

Take one out of the dummy model at a store?

I don't condone that idea, but it is an idea.

Kardall
08-02-2007, 02:37 AM
well $190 seems a little steep, however that's probably not the price of the "item", but includes labour.

Physical Damage is *usually* not covered under warranty, therefore, you have to pay to get that fixed...

So taking that into account, it's probably not that bad of a deal, unless you can find a way to get a broken one's trackball and put it in yourself. However, if you can get it in without opening the device itself, do it. That will almost guarantee that you will not void your warranty for any further warranty type repairs.

markn455
08-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Did you check with your provider and not Blackberry. No longer than the 88xx series has been out, they should replace the thing. Also, elsewhere on this form there is information on where you can order a replacement OEM case. That may be an option. Disassebly and replacing the case is a pain but I believe it comes with a ball.

However, if the ball has popped out once, it is going to do it again. Even if you did dropp it, I don't think the ball sould have popped out. Again, I believe going back to your provider rather than BB will be your best bet.

Mark
Ball Ground, GA