PDA

View Full Version : J2ME Vnc Help?

Kuberski
05-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Still new to a lot of the Blackberry features. Have a 7100G. Installed J2ME Vnc, configured my connection and tried to connect. It starts to download the VNC window but then seems to hang and never finishes. I have to pop out the battery and reboot the Blackberry to clear. Any idea? Anybody else have luck running J2ME Vnc?

Thanks.

ventmore
05-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Still new to a lot of the Blackberry features. Have a 7100G. Installed J2ME Vnc, configured my connection and tried to connect. It starts to download the VNC window but then seems to hang and never finishes. I have to pop out the battery and reboot the Blackberry to clear. Any idea? Anybody else have luck running J2ME Vnc?

Thanks.
I tried it out, and it seems to load the window a small square at a time, and at a rate of about 1 square every few minutes. I gave up and removed it from my 7100t. If anyone knows how to get it working properly, I'd be very interested.

Cheers
Ventmore

vinniet
10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Hello all ... I would like to try VNC and installed it. I am having the same problem where it connect fine. I get some of the screen and it locks up with the hourglass.

Has anyone got this app working. If so what device do you have. It might be that my device is too slow.

KonTiki
10-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Thats the only way it works you are better off using an application called remote desktop for mobiles at www.desktopmobiles.com (http://www.desktopmobiles.com)
You can do a trial first if you like it its 30 and it is worth it I use that all the time.

ventmore
10-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Another vote here for remote desktop for mobiles :smile:

twomblys
10-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Remote desktop for mobiles requires installing a proprietary server software on the 'receiving' machine, much like vnc. In a business with 100 servers that already have vnc installed - it would be nice to get vnc working instead of installing 100 more server side pieces. I agree remote desltop for mobiles is nice and speedy, but if you could help with the original question that would be great, since VNC is free on both client and server side.

KonTiki
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Well when I tried it, it was on my 7250, it moved slow still so if you have a BB that is slower than the 7250 to begin with that would account for it. Even with speed though the issues of how it habdles the screens is awful that is why i went with desktop mobile.

ventmore
10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Remote desktop for mobiles requires installing a proprietary server software on the 'receiving' machine, much like vnc. In a business with 100 servers that already have vnc installed - it would be nice to get vnc working instead of installing 100 more server side pieces. I agree remote desltop for mobiles is nice and speedy, but if you could help with the original question that would be great, since VNC is free on both client and server side.
The original question has been answered...basically...it doesn't work well.

Why not remote desktop to one machine, and from there, vnc into the others......just a thought.

pauldumais
03-02-2006, 08:54 AM

I recommend that you try our Idokorro Mobile Desktop software, it's a VNC client for BlackBerry, specifically optmized for the BlackBerry 8700, but also works on any color BlackBerry with 4.0 or higher.

More information can be found in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=27491

If you need support please contact our fantastic support team at support@<hidden> or 1-888-IT-ADMIN x207, and we will be glad to answer any of your questions.