PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions (I guess)

CarlG
08-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Please be patient with me...

I have recently made the switch from a Treo 700p to the BB8830.

In the process, I am trying to find an application that is like City Time on the Palm. Please see the attchd picture to see. I know of World Magic, but I want the visual like City Time provides. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I seem to be having some trouble seeing album art in the Media Player. The files are MP3 and the album art is tagged in the file. I'm not even sure that the 8830 can display album art, it just seems like an obvious thing to have. Ideas on this one?

TIA,
Carl.

EmptyInTheHead
08-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Sorry, can answer your time software question, but the 8830 can show album art that encapsulated in the MP3 file. All of mine are that way and show fine.

CarlG
08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you have to do anything special to get them to appear? I tagged the files in iTunes, and then copied onto the card. Is there a setting I am missing?

TIA,
Carl.

BFEINZIMER
08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
With time only is that like 70 dollar travel program world mate or sumtin..

CarlG
08-02-2007, 06:59 PM
City Time is only $15, and their pocket pc version has some neat features in it like currency conversion and unit conversion.

Carl.

EmptyInTheHead
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=CarlG;621500]Did you have to do anything special to get them to appear? I tagged the files in iTunes, and then copied onto the card. Is there a setting I am missing?]/QUOTE]Well, I didn't use iTunes. I used something called Zortam MP3 Media Studio. Not a very good program except that it has one feature that goes and updates all of your album art in batch mode. I do a lot of tag grooming, so I didn't want to let WMP or iTunes near my MP3 files because they just change everything around for you.