PDA

View Full Version : Restore deleted email

Barryj
05-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Our organization uses 7510's w/BES and Lotus Notes. One user has deleted all his email from the BB. He did not have wireless reconcile set up so these messages are still in his Notes mailbox. He wants all ( 1500 ?) emails back into the BB. Synching via Desktop Manager software with his desktop pc
does not restore the email back into the BB. Is there any way to get them back other than forwarding individual emails to himself ?
Thanks.

jwcanada
05-23-2005, 03:07 PM
If the user created backups through Desktop Manager you can restore those. You would go into DM and then to Backup/Restore. You can do the advanced option and just restore the messages. If the user did not backup his device then I think your just SOL.

PhilMax
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Notes 6.5? Found this by accident. With "soft delete", any email I delete goes into the Trash folder where it stays for 48 hours. If I "restore" the email, it goes back into my inbox and is also delivered again to my BB.

Just make sure that you have soft delete enabled and that it works! Try it with an inconsequential email first.