PDA

View Full Version : Manually loading emails to BB (BIS)

slimothy
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
My 7290 running 4.0.2 was running quite slowly (even though it was reporting 8 megs free memory), so I did a battery pull on it. Afterwards, none of the messages in my inbox appeared. Only sent and saved messages were visible.

I'm guessing that my inbox store on my BB is gone/corrupted. Is there something I'm missing to restore the messages?

Short of that, can I manually sync the inbox on the BB? My last backup is several weeks old (yes, I should have backed up sooner).

Thanks in advance.

Thatzmister2u
08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
If you restore it will replace the mail. You could probably get away with removing the email account from BIS. Check all your messages as un-read on the account and then re-establish the account on BIS. My guess is that it will send the whole in-box. If nothing else try it and you can always go back to the back up approach.

Good luck!

E-

JSanders
08-03-2007, 04:03 PM
No, marking your mail as unread will not re-flag it to send again, if RIM has already picked it up. RIM has it "flagged" already and that won't change.

A restore will replace the old mail back on your BB. But you also will likely lose the recent mail since you backed up.

I wonder if that mail is still on your BB... did you look at the subfolders, at Messages > View Folders?

slimothy
08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately, the mail didn't get hidden under the folders. If I move all of the messages into Outlook, will Intellisync move messages onto the BlackBerry?

JSanders
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
No. Syching does not move email.

JSanders
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
You can send them to yourself, from Outlook, and they will arrive back at the BB.

Thatzmister2u
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
JS - Just for my own information I just want to clarify. If you delete the account from BIS and establish it from scratch RIM will still identify that those messages were previously sent?

E-

slimothy
08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not able to get the BIS to recognize messages marked as unread via either POP or IMAP after deleting the account from BIS and then re-creating it.

I've learned my lesson-back up the BB frequently.