PDA

View Full Version : OK now we can use Bluetooth Stereo Headsets!

chascent
08-05-2007, 08:50 PM
What one is the best for voice and sound???? Anyone verify this feature works??

Janir
08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
O Rokr from Oakley works quite well. Decent sound for music and probably the best Bluetooth phone piece I've ever used.

lawdogg
08-05-2007, 11:19 PM
What one is the best for voice and sound???? Anyone verify this feature works??

The feature works. I'm listening to some Clapton on Motorola Motorokr S9 headphones as I type this.

zebo51
08-06-2007, 09:20 AM
The feature works. I'm listening to some Clapton on Motorola Motorokr S9 headphones as I type this.

Picked up a set of these this weekend. Not sure how I like how the back part just lies on your neck. It would be really nice if it fit snug. I mainly wanted them to wear when I run and they just bounce up and down off the back of my neck, kinda annoying after awhile. Sound was good as well as range for me.

Definitely cool now though to have stereo, just need to find a headset to suite my needs.

chascent
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
That Motorola headset looks pretty good, I don't see a mic for talking?
I am looking for an all i 1 stereo headset with built in mic that uses the bluetooth technology. Any suggestions???

zebo51
08-06-2007, 04:42 PM
That Motorola headset looks pretty good, I don't see a mic for talking?
I am looking for an all i 1 stereo headset with built in mic that uses the bluetooth technology. Any suggestions???

The S9 does have a mic, but I have found that you have to talk pretty loud for the person on the other end to hear you.

chascent
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Zebo

You have any suggestions for another headset???

davcho64
08-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I have been using the Jabra BT8010 for the past few months now. I find them to be extremely convenient, and I have not heard any complaints about sound quality from people receiving my calls. Also, the sound quality is pretty good for me too. After looking at the Motorola S9, I think the Jabra BT8010 seems more practical because you can detach one earpiece, and just have the main bluetooth headset only, when you are not using the stereo function. It very simple to do, just disconnect, and you got a standard bluetooth headset, plug back in the other side and you can listen to stereo music. The connecting wire is not bulky or heavy at all, which looks like the case with the Motorola S9.

I hope my description makes sense, I have listed the link below. Hope the info helps!

Jabra BT8010 - Bluetooth 2.0 mono headset for work and attachable stereo unit for play – all in one stylish design (http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/NA-US/products/Pages/JabraBT8010.aspx)

zebo51
08-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Zebo

You have any suggestions for another headset???

Haven't tried any other stereo ones yet.

zebo51
08-07-2007, 07:44 AM
I have been using the Jabra BT8010 for the past few months now. I find them to be extremely convenient, and I have not heard any complaints about sound quality from people receiving my calls. Also, the sound quality is pretty good for me too. After looking at the Motorola S9, I think the Jabra BT8010 seems more practical because you can detach one earpiece, and just have the main bluetooth headset only, when you are not using the stereo function. It very simple to do, just disconnect, and you got a standard bluetooth headset, plug back in the other side and you can listen to stereo music. The connecting wire is not bulky or heavy at all, which looks like the case with the Motorola S9.

I hope my description makes sense, I have listed the link below. Hope the info helps!

Jabra BT8010 - Bluetooth 2.0 mono headset for work and attachable stereo unit for play – all in one stylish design (http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/NA-US/products/Pages/JabraBT8010.aspx)

Those look interesting, but a little salty. I see them at Fry's for $119 and I got the S9 on sale for $79. What is funny after looking at the BT8010 link above is that I rock climb and had thought about wearing them whiling climbing. Then I thought about falling and/or smacking against a wall or rock and smashing my BB :(. Also it would be hard to hear your belayer below.

I might go pick up a set anyway tonight and I will post back what I think.

ixtab
08-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong (not the first time...), but there's still no A2DP/BT-stereo support on the 8800, right? you guys are talking about another model that is currently working with it?

John Clark
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, the BT Stereo is only on 4.2.2 devices. Currently the only devices with this code are the 8300 and the 8830. 8800 does NOT support BT Stereo yet.

davcho64
08-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Those look interesting, but a little salty. I see them at Fry's for $119 and I got the S9 on sale for $79. What is funny after looking at the BT8010 link above is that I rock climb and had thought about wearing them whiling climbing. Then I thought about falling and/or smacking against a wall or rock and smashing my BB :(. Also it would be hard to hear your belayer below.

I hope you like them! I've been very impressed with them, and had no problems to date. The only thing I find a bit odd is the vibrate function on the main earpiece. I do not know why in the world Jabra would put a function like that into a bluetooth headset??!!?? You get the audible beeps, so it is the most pointless option ever, which I have set to off. I guess some people need more than sound to get them to know a call is coming in. :?

chascent
08-08-2007, 07:01 AM
How is the voice quality (your voice to the other person) on the Motorola?
I am hearing conflicting views, some say its good some says its not good.
Please give your experience.........

zebo51
08-08-2007, 09:44 AM
How is the voice quality (your voice to the other person) on the Motorola?
I am hearing conflicting views, some say its good some says its not good.
Please give your experience.........

I didn't even get to that point or bother asking. After figuring out how loud I had to talk I stopped using them. Not a big deal if you are alone, but if ever around other people I wouldn't want everyone within 20' hearing my conversation.

superkame
08-08-2007, 02:01 PM
The Blue tooth tech is cool and all,

But I am sticking with my Shure, I bet the bt headset dont even come close to the acoustic the shures got. Rich sounds and wireless doesnt go together, at least not in the present.

If you are one of those folk that can't hear the difference between the OEM apple headset and a nice shure or Sennheiser headphone then bt is for you!

8-)

zebo51
08-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Got them last night and darn the luck, they just don't fit my ears. Well, the main unit anyway. The smaller unit that for stereo fits nice and snug, but the main part doesn't and definitely wouldn't stay on while running. I had to return the Moto H700 too because it wouldn't fit snug. Anytime I would turn my head the opposite direction of the device on my ear, it would flop out. Tilting my head to the side with the device it would almost fall off. So my search will continue :(

alltimeqb
10-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I've tried both Motorola BT stereo headsets, the "princess leia" types sounded the best but weren't the most comfy. I've tried two off-brands that weren't even the worth the few bucks they cost.

Except for the fact that the main earpiece is too big to fit in the ear, the BT8010 has been the best headset by far. The equalizer brings these things to life BUT... My 8830 world edition drops the connection after the 1st 30 seconds of the song???? WHat's up with that? Jabra support says that's because the 8830 doesn't support A2DP but I've found the "fix" on BBs website to run the Desktop mgr etc...

You guys are saying that the 8830 world edition does support A2DP... is this true????

shashid
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, the BT Stereo is only on 4.2.2 devices. Currently the only devices with this code are the 8300 and the 8830. 8800 does NOT support BT Stereo yet.

I have read in other forums that 8830 does not support BT stereo headsets for music but it will only work with telephone (ie u can answer the calls with the BT stereo but can not listen to music). Is this not correct?
Where can I verify if 8830 supports BT stereo for music and telephone.

It seems only Blackberry Curve supports BT stereo for both music and phone part.

Pl suggest.

yellowvodka
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Wanna get the Jabra BT8010

Can anyone tell me any negatives for it ? Before I make the plunge ? I wish the caller I.D was easier to see. I think that's the only complaint I have about this unit. Is it easy to adjust volumne and foward and back songs from the headset ? I found it for around $60.00 is that a good price ? Can I get a better deal for it ?

jrusch
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I just got the BT8010 from Amazon for $60.00.

It works really good as a bluetooth headset for phone calls.

I got it working as stereo headphones for playing music files using Media Player. But when I use Media Player to play video files it doesn't work.

What's up with that? Anyone else have this problem?

jrusch
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Now it is even stranger. Videos don't send sound through the wired handsfree either. My choices are either Handset or Speakerphone.

nwmud
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM

And the 8820. Love that I can stream stereo audio over my BT car stereo and BT headset. Worth the upgrade from the 8800.

John Clark
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Yes, devices have been updated since then and now the 8820 has been rolled out as well as the 8310 and the 8320 which also support stereo BT. Any device with 4.2.2 or higher will support this.

markhk
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Hate to question a moderator but are you sure the 8820 with support stereo bluetooth and A2DP? as several sites (phonescoppe etc...) do not show this compadability.

John Clark
11-11-2007, 08:54 PM
With OS 4.2.2, stereo bluetooth is supported for Audio files. Not for video's though.

markhk
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
so i could listen to music and take calls in stereo but not listen to videos?

John Clark
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Not sure if the calls are in stereo or not, but yes, the music will be in stereo but videos won't.

markhk
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
thks!!!!

dbltap
11-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I can verify the 8820 & the 8010 are compatible. If you have a 8010 that is fuzzing out after 30 seconds, the 8010 may be defective. I had been using the single portion of the 8010 for a while as a standard call receiver. But never could get it to work to play stereo music. I tried it on a Samsung BlackJack and a HTC 8525 as well as the 8820. I called Jabra Tech Support and they replaced the unit in about 10 days. You will need your original receipt for the purchase of the 8010. Since getting the replacement unit, everything has been excellent!

shashid
11-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, devices have been updated since then and now the 8820 has been rolled out as well as the 8310 and the 8320 which also support stereo BT. Any device with 4.2.2 or higher will support this.

Hi, My BB 8830 is 4.2.2 version I guess. will the Motorokr S9 work with this for phone and audio stereo?