PDA

View Full Version : synchronizing error

leef
05-23-2005, 11:06 PM
i synchronize my 7290 on a regular basis with my PC and use ACT! 6.0 as a contact manager. on 2 ocassions now, it synchronizes my calendar and memos but when it starts to synch the contacts i get a message saying "duplicate records found" and it shuts down without updating the ACT file on my PC. has anyone ever had a similar experience?

ps: i called congular tech support and they told me to delete the contacts list on my 7290 because it had been "corrupted". this wipes out my latest contacts (which was the point of synchronizing in the first place).

snizborski
09-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Leef,

I see that you are a BB7290 and ACT 6 user....

I have a 7290 and also use ACT 6.0. Since the 7290 will only hold about 2,000 contacts, have you found a way to only sync certain Groups from ACT? I have over 18,000 contacts in my ACT database and only want to sync 1 particular group that contains about 500 contacts.

I have found and am using a very nice 3rd party software "CompanionLink" that allows me to select which Groups to sync from ACT but does not Sync the Calendar. Are you aware of any 3rd party software that allows for selective Group sync AND sync's the Calendar?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Snizborski@<hidden>

Dusty Saddle
09-19-2005, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=snizborski]Leef,

I see that you are a BB7290 and ACT 6 user....

I have a 7290 and also use ACT 6.0. Since the 7290 will only hold about 2,000 contacts, have you found a way to only sync certain Groups from ACT? I have over 18,000 contacts in my ACT database and only want to sync 1 particular group that contains about 500 contacts.

I have found and am using a very nice 3rd party software "CompanionLink" that allows me to select which Groups to sync from ACT but does not Sync the Calendar. Are you aware of any 3rd party software that allows for selective Group sync AND sync's the Calendar?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I use ACT 6.0 with Companion Link and the calendar sincs just fine. Do you get an error message or does it just not sync the calendar?