PDA

View Full Version : 8703e BES Email Activation Problems

Shinigami
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I have an 8703e that i'm trying to connect to our BES server at work and I'm having some trouble.

I've checked everything. I called Sprint and made sure the data plan was added. I'm getting uppercase 1XEV (which I believe means i'm reciveing data). I've started provisioning and it goes through everytime. I've released and readded the user to the BES. I've set the activation PW and reset it about ten times. It just hang and time out everytime I try. Thanks.

juwaack68
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Are you able to do PIN to PIN messages with that device? That's one of the first things I try when I have screwy activation issues....

Shinigami
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Forgive my noobness, but i've been doing this stuff for less than a week :P. How do you do PIN to PIN msging or is there a FAQ on it?

juwaack68
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Click on the options icon, then Status. What is your PIN number? I'll send you a pin.

EDIT: Send me the PIN via PM, don't post it here.

jgb@etree
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Steps I use when having BES activation problems.

1. Check the Timezone.. Make sure it is properly set.
2. Reboot the device (battery pull or ctl-alt-del)
3. Re-assign the activation PW - make sure it's a PW you've never tried on that device before.
4. Patience. Sometime enterprise activations take >30 mins

juwaack68
08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
We found out it was a provisioning issue. He received the dreaded red X when he tried to send a PIN to me.....

Kensta
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I have the same problem but I can PIN and Browse the web. I already tried the steps that were mentioned above several times already. Please help.

thanks in advance

audit
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Check and make sure the e-mail that comes from the BES server isn't in the SPAM or Junk folder in that users e-mail. That happens a lot if your spam filtering isn't setup correctly.

Kensta
08-07-2007, 05:50 PM
wow that looks like that was it. We use something called "postini" here for our network and if your e-mail address isn't in the postini server then you won't be able to receive outside e-mails . I added his name to postini and the enterprise activation went thru right away.

thanks!!