PDA

View Full Version : How to configure WAP from scratch

Jonathan_Blackberry
08-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi all,

This is my first post, and also my first BlackBerry!

I have just purchased the 8700g, and I live in the UK.

I am not on a data contract at all, those are quite rare here, and mainly available to company contracts.

I want to be able to access the internet on my phone, but at the moment I cannot. The phone works fine for calling, but i do get the Data Connection Refused as other people have stated on this forum.

I am with VirginMobile (who use T-Mobile's system in the UK) and have contacted them for their APN settings etc. I have added these but nothing has changed.

I dont even see the browser option on my phone desktop. If I try and switch programs I can see the browser - if I select it, then it says that I dont have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. How do I get those please?

Do I need to download the BlackBerry PC software? If so, which version do I need?

I am a complete novice with BlackBerry's, but not with PDA phones (Nokia / Sony) and would really appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks all - oh and I really like my BalckBerry 8700g! :bb:

zulmir
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM
got the same problem :(

takeshi
08-08-2007, 08:51 AM
If you have the APN settings and still don't have internet access then you're out of luck aside from a BB data plan.

Jonathan_Blackberry
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I've added the APN settings and tried to access the internet using the Opera Mini Browser (as stated in another post).

This was going great until I got the "IT Profile Restricted" message that is also mentioned in other posts.

I'm going to try to remove the IT Profile from the phone.......

cagen
08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I am currently with O2 and also don't have a business contract.

Jonathan_Blackberry: Where on the BB did you enter the APN details?
How did you get this all to work?

Solo
08-12-2007, 03:19 AM
As I got till now you will see "data connection refused" until the BBerry data plan will not be activated. I am in the same situation. The carrier does not support Blackberries and I have to use my phone just for calls and SMS. The point is that the APn server name is not enough to conect to web. There should be also IPs and ports of the proxy but do not look forward to find them in your phone. They comes in the Service Book, which you get from the carrier. Without it forget about anything except for calls and SMS.