PDA

View Full Version : email message unreadable because of "application: multipart/mixed"

Mr_PeaCH
05-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello all,

It's a bit of a re-post but I'm hoping in the past month or two there might be somebody now who can help me correlate this problem for me.

The issue occurs with my Blackberry 7290 and it happened in version 3.6 and still happens in 4.0 (Cingular). My business partner and I both use MS Outlook on our PCs and we are using the BWC so that emails are forwarded to our PDAs when our PCs are shut down. His Outlook profile is configured to both attach his contact info as a VCF file and append a signature which includes a small JPG with our logo placed inbetween a few lines of text.

I feel like I have exhausted the various ways of testing why it is that when he sends me an email and I get it on my BB there is only a readable Subject and any text he's written somehow gets balled up into an unreadable attachment called...

application: multipart/mixed

The VCF is separate. Any actual attachments that he might choose to send show up as themselves. The only way I can reliably read his emails on my BB is for him to change the style to basic TXT instead of HTML -OR- delete his signature (neither of which he ever remembers to do).

So anyways, does anybody else have an issue similar to this or even know how I should get him to configure his precious signature so that he can keep the logo but have it not foul up my reading his messages on my BB? By the way, I have the same JPG logo in my signature and he can read all my email messages just fine on his Treo PDA.

Mr_PeaCH
05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Bueller? Anyone?

/bump

Mr_PeaCH
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Well, for anyone who /bumps into this thread later, here is the (non)resolution to the issue (accd: to BB tech sup)

The BB techs were able to reproduce my issue and they feel it is in line with a known issue involving BBs and embedded images. As of now there is no 'fix' but they are working on it and would include it in a future update.