PDA

View Full Version : 8700c versus 8800 versus Curve

gadoi
08-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I have been a loyal user of the 8700c for about a year and a half now (it was my first BB device). The phone itself is getting pretty beat up and worn out. I don't stay up to speed with the new devices coming out and was wondering if folks could help me out.

I am looking to replace my current phone, should I go with the 8800, the curve, or stick to the 8700. I use the BB mostly for phone, e-mail (both through a desktop redirector for corporate e-mail and internet-based personal e-mails), some limited internet browsing, etc.

I know most of the new phones have cameras (which I don't really need), GPS (which would be nice to have if it works pretty good), etc. I'm just looking for some help.

Thanks!

TChachra
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Quite simple actually....
If you need GPS and dont mind losing that perfectly spaced keyboard on the 8700...buy the 8800

If you dont need GPS but love your 8700 keyboard....buy the Curve...the camera is free. :smile:

I have been a loyal user of the 8700c for about a year and a half now (it was my first BB device). The phone itself is getting pretty beat up and worn out. I don't stay up to speed with the new devices coming out and was wondering if folks could help me out.

I am looking to replace my current phone, should I go with the 8800, the curve, or stick to the 8700. I use the BB mostly for phone, e-mail (both through a desktop redirector for corporate e-mail and internet-based personal e-mails), some limited internet browsing, etc.

I know most of the new phones have cameras (which I don't really need), GPS (which would be nice to have if it works pretty good), etc. I'm just looking for some help.

Thanks!

takeshi
08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Pick the model based on the features that you want/need. You can compare devices at Blackberry.com. It mostly boils down to whether or not you want the camera or GPS. However, the 8300 and 8800 do have additional features (voice dial, media support, etc) not found on the 8700 that may or may not be of use to you.