PDA

View Full Version : Move Device Memory Ringtones to SD Card?

mgerbasio
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Is there an easy way I can move all my device ringtones and pictures that I'm not using to the SD memory card? I can't even find anyway to do it, nevermind an easy way. I'm trying to free up some memory and deleted the video. Before changing the messages and appointments as mentioned in the FAQ, I want to dump anything I can.

Regards-Michael G.

JSanders
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can't move the device ringtones, but you can move those you put on the BlackBerry yourself.

mgerbasio
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Well I found the problem, today they changed the security policy of our BB to force passwords with a five minute time out. What they didn't tell us is they also turned off media card support. Wonderful.

Regards-Michael G.

brittonx
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Well I found the problem, today they changed the security policy of our BB to force passwords with a five minute time out. What they didn't tell us is they also turned off media card support. Wonderful.

Regards-Michael G.

Bummer!

Dude
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
You want I should talk to someone?

JRSCCivic98
08-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Honestly, I don't know what's stricter... your wireless carrier or your IT department? :LOL:

mgerbasio
08-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I can live without the SD card but the five minute timeout really hurts the usability of the device. I set mine to allow outgoing calls when locked so it is a little better. I hate to complain because I'm loaded up with third party software and worried that will be next to go!

Anyone have an idea why they'd have a five minute timeout? Can the BB be used via tethering to get into the corporate network? Certainly we aren't doing any work, at least on my level, that would be considered corporate secrets or a security risk.

Regards-Michael G.

JRSCCivic98
08-09-2007, 08:43 AM
While we're on the subject. Does anyone know of a way to delete the sample music that's preloaded? I deleted the sample video (easy), but there's no option to remove the music which is taking up 500k of memory. There's also no way to gain access to /Device Memory/Sample/. to get to anything and delete it. Sucks.

surfgrom04
08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
While we're on the subject. Does anyone know of a way to delete the sample music that's preloaded? I deleted the sample video (easy), but there's no option to remove the music which is taking up 500k of memory. There's also no way to gain access to /Device Memory/Sample/. to get to anything and delete it. Sucks.

How do I delete the preloaded media from the device? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_delete_the_preloaded_media_from_the_device%3F)