PDA

View Full Version : NEXTEL DC# sync to GroupWise Address Book

pcguru19
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
We're running BES 4.0 for GroupWise with Nextel 7520 phones. We'd like to try to sync the DC# from Nextel to the GroupWise address book and have the phone recognize it as a DC#. In the 7520 address book, there's a DC# field that when populated allows you to DC someone without knowing their DC#. I can't figure out a way to enter the DC# in the GroupWise address book and have it show up in the DC# field. Has anyone out there solved this?

Thanks.

yahtzee
05-24-2005, 09:35 PM
We're running BES 4.0 for GroupWise with Nextel 7520 phones. We'd like to try to sync the DC# from Nextel to the GroupWise address book and have the phone recognize it as a DC#. In the 7520 address book, there's a DC# field that when populated allows you to DC someone without knowing their DC#. I can't figure out a way to enter the DC# in the GroupWise address book and have it show up in the DC# field. Has anyone out there solved this?

Thanks.

A hotfix for this should be released within the next week or so....

dahvaio
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
With Outlook, the DC # needed to be in the radio area but GW doesn't have the option for Radio...

sandy.nextel
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the hotfix? It is driving me and my customer crazy!

PDA Admin
03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
I spoke to tech support about a week ago. They stated that this should be supported in 4.0 service pack 3 (which is what I am on). I have created the custom BBDCID field and all but it still does not work. It is on my list to work on, but I have two other bugs I am currently working on with RIM.