PDA

View Full Version : Password Protected, Can I master reset

madeinhb99
08-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I bought a blackberry 8830 for Verizon off ebay. The handheld is locked and I don't know the password. Is there anyway of wiping everything off the BB so that it is back like it was first out the box without knowing the password?

jsconyers
08-10-2007, 10:53 AM
YEs you can do a complete wipe with JL_cmder. You would have to reinstall the OS afterwards.

madeinhb99
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
YEs you can do a complete wipe with JL_cmder. You would have to reinstall the OS afterwards.

I tried doing that last night, however, the JL_cmder was asking for the password. I didn't know how to get around that.

jsconyers
08-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Are you sure it was JL_cmder asking for a password and not the desktop manager. Try it again, and click cancel when the password prompt pops up, then click 5 or whatever option is to wipe the device. Let me know if that works?

penguin3107
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I bought a blackberry 8830 for Verizon off ebay. The handheld is locked and I don't know the password. Is there anyway of wiping everything off the BB so that it is back like it was first out the box without knowing the password?

The device probably has an IT Policy on it.
Wiping with JL_cmdr is not going get rid of the password requirements, or any other restrictions placed on the device as a result of the IT Policy.

You should enter an incorrect password 10 times, which will result in the device wiping itself.
After that, you can follow these steps to remove the IT Policy:
Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)