PDA

View Full Version : I hate the calendar program on my 8300 Curve

Turbo_Boss
08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello Guys,

This is my firts BB phone and I personally think that the factory Calendar program is a PITA!

I need something like the calendar program that the Nokia Cells have.

I need something that emulate the Nokia Calendar

For example: If I want to set up a reminder to call somebody. I want just to look for that person in my address book and set the number of that person and get his phone number. This way when the calendar remider sound, I will read call Jone Dow and the phone number, I hit the dial green button and it call automatic that person!

Also, I need that when the telephone is not in use for let say a minute it block itself............ I can leave with the telephone blocking itself when I put it back on the holder but I hate that I have to press 3 buttons to unbloking it (I hate that I need to press Alt + * + dial key)

Do you know if there is a program to fix or modifie the calendar?

THX,

Isaac

Dubdub
08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Go back to the Nokia since you won't be happy with the BB.

What you have on the BB is what you get. I don't know of any add on calendar programs. You might look at the RIM software site or Handango.com for a solution.

akula169
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you should have used it for a while at the store before diving in.

blackberry != nokia

You have to enable security passwords to enable auto keylock. However, you will have to enter the password to unlock the keys.

If you put a phone number in the notes of the event in a calendar entry, you can click the number to dial (reads from your addressbook).

ArgonNJ
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
BB calender needs categories and color, other then that it works fine for me.

ruconscious
08-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Did you now that you could copy and paste with the blackberry? Did you know that you can search for key words? This is what I love about the BB. I have the 8800 so I don't know if you have those features on the 8300. Once you get past what you don't like I'm sure that you'll find more that you like. Trust me, I'm comming from WM and I thought it could get no better but it does! We the BEST!

iamvictorious
08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I always forget to turn my reminder on! :oops:

LunkHead
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Whats the problem with the calendar other than bashing the BB???? It's far better than any Nokia calendar I have seen.... :shrug:

Turbo_Boss
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Whats the problem with the calendar other than bashing the BB???? It's far better than any Nokia calendar I have seen.... :shrug:

I am not bashing the BB! I just dont like the BB calendar factory program. I love the Nokia Calendar...........Maybe because I have use all my live Nokia cell phones.
Nokia Caleandar is very easy to use. Just go to the day you want to enter the reminder. Press Option then press Add New Note and then select Reunion, Call, Birtday, memo or reminder.........Is a piece of cake.... Idiot proff!

I just want to have something similar in my 8300.

Isaac

Turbo_Boss
08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Sounds like you should have used it for a while at the store before diving in.

In the company they give us the BB because it have the BB messenger!

You have to enable security passwords to enable auto keylock. However, you will have to enter the password to unlock the keys.

I really dont know what was BB programers was thinking when they was programing the autoblock! I personally think that BB have to give you the choice on the menu on how you want to unblock it

A) Password
B) Alt + another button
C) Etc
D) Ect

If you put a phone number in the notes of the event in a calendar entry, you can click the number to dial (reads from your addressbook).

Shure, but then you will need to type it or look at your address book and then copy and paste and then...............

That calendar program is not friendly:cry:

Turbo Boss

Turbo_Boss
08-10-2007, 10:19 PM
BB calender needs categories and color.

Agree with you 100%

Hey you BB engineers/programers, Are you reading this????:idea:

THX,

Turbo Boss

gdpmumin
08-10-2007, 11:19 PM
It is well-agreed that the BB calendar is woefully inadequate. But for now, there's no way around it. WebIS (http://www.pocketinformant.com/) is currently working on a BB port of their incredible Pocket Informant application. I used the app for years when I used Windows Mobile devices and unless the BB API is too limiting on what WebIS can implement, PI will revolutionize the way you use your BlackBerry.

ruconscious
08-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Did you now that you could copy and paste with the blackberry? Did you know that you can search for key words? This is what I love about the BB. I have the 8800 so I don't know if you have those features on the 8300. Once you get past what you don't like I'm sure that you'll find more that you like. Trust me, I'm comming from WM and I thought it could get no better but it does! We the BEST!