PDA

View Full Version : Dup emails (and I read the threads!)

janeenadamsmartin
08-11-2007, 09:47 AM
I really have read all the threads and thought my duplicate emails might go away when I changed hosts....still there

I am *receiving* duplicate emails about five minutes apart. (this isn't an issue of receiving a second copy of a sent email)

I do not forward mail, I do not have a GMail account. I simply have my email account (jan@<hidden>) and the required Verizon BIS account for my 8830.

My BIS account does not have filters, and is set to forward mail to my BB, which I believe is the default setting for the BB to poll my email account and get mail.

Help! I know this must be easy but I don't see it!
jan

JSanders
08-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Jan, have you tried deleting your BIS accounts altogether and replacing them? Is your domain host Google Domains?

Just a thought. I don't know otherwise what the issue could be.

AllanRosen
08-11-2007, 10:33 AM
My BIS account does not have filters, and is set to forward mail to my BB, which I believe is the default setting for the BB to poll my email account and get mail.

Help! I know this must be easy but I don't see it!
jan

You don't forward anything. Your BB will go into you email account and retrieve emails to your BB. If you also forward, then you'll get dups.

janeenadamsmartin
08-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Allan,

Are you sure? When I read the help file for that section it said to check the forward option (this is on my BIS account) in order to get mail. I understood if I didn't check it, it would turn BIS off and it wouldn't poll my email account.

In fact, I understood unchecking it was what folks did if they used their email account to push to BB instead of BIS.

jan

janeenadamsmartin
08-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Still thinking on this... Allan, are you saying that the BB will poll for email even if the filter is set to the "do not forward" option?

In which case, there are TWO ways to forward email to your BB; one from your email client (gmail, thunderbird) and one from the BB?

I thought the BB could either poll for mail or not. I thought it was only the email client that could foward to the BB (and get instant push).

jan

JSanders
08-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Jan, it should read: When no filters apply, (checkmark) forward messages to device.

janeenadamsmartin
08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Jsanders,

Okay, that is how I have it set.

I did try deleting and re-instating my email account on BIS, and was optimistic when I didn't get a dupe five minutes apart, but a dupe showed up within 15 minutes... so that's not it.

jan

janeenadamsmartin
08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
This stuff drives you batty, but yesterday the duplicate emails stopped all by themselves -- I did no configuration changes. And just when I thought I *had* to have done something, they started duping again for a couple hours, and now, for the last three hours the duplicates have stopped...

I am not sure what to make of this, could it be something my host or BIS is doing?

JSanders
08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
arghhh... I don't know. Baffled on this one.

Let's see what another might chime in to recommend.

MainStream
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Janeen, did you ever get resolution to your problem? The duplicate message issue has happened to me infrequently over the last year, but today I have had the same 4 messages duplicated every few minutes. It kind of makes you crazy after a little while. Tried pulling the battery, resetting my BIS account and all to no avail. By the way 8703e on Verizon and it has nothing to do with a g-mail account.