PDA

View Full Version : Security Disable Issue

TRIBE FAN
08-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I Enabled The Security Feature On My 8830 Requiring A Password To Access The Device Now I Would Like To Disable It But There Is No Disable Prompt In The Menu In The Security Options Screen.......anybody Know What To Do...thanks

akosnitzky
08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
You went to General Settings within Security?

Next to Password, you are unable to click the trackball and get the disable option?

TRIBE FAN
08-12-2007, 09:33 AM
When I Go Into Security I See The Security Enabled Prompt And When I Click On It A Window Pops Up But There Is No Disable Function There. When I Got The Phone Security Was Disabled And I Enabled It Myself. Its Just Strange That There Is No Disable Function.

akosnitzky
08-12-2007, 09:46 AM
The first option has "password" and gices you the option to enable or disable. Are we talking about the same thing?

TRIBE FAN
08-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes We Are On The Same Page, Right Next To Password There Is An Enabled Prompt,when You Highlight It A Window Pops Up That Says...change Password,wipe Handheld,verify Security Software Etc But There Is No Disable Prompt To Disable The Password.

Dubdub
08-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Are you on BES by any chance?

TRIBE FAN
08-12-2007, 04:19 PM
not on bes

pinhead
08-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Does your current location have walls? Well, take the BlackBerry, and aiming it edge first, throw it as hard as you can at one of those walls. If you get it to stick in the wall then there was nothing wrong with the device. If it bounces and hits the ground it is probably damaged anyways...;-)

Have you pulled the battery yet to try a reset?

TRIBE FAN
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Solved My Problem...if Media Card Is Password Protected Then The Device Will Need A Password In Order To Access It, That Is Why There Is No Disable Security Prompt In The Security Menu. First You Have To Disable The Media Card Password Then You Can Disable The Security For The Phone

boopal
08-22-2007, 04:55 AM
HI IF UR IN BES SERVER,

There is a settings on the BES server(office) were the security policy is set to have the passwords enabled.

Even in My company as per security policy its enabled on the Company BES server and i cant disable the password on the device.
so when the device is lost the mails wont be open to any 1 who picks the devices.

Try to check with your BES administrator if it can be removed for individual users.

Hope this info is useful to you..

cheers,
Boopal

drummer87
09-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I have the same issue but i have no media card in the phone yet...going absolutly insane trying to figure out where the hell my 'disable' option is...help?

John Clark
09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Are you wanting to disable the password on the device? Go to Options >Security Options >General Settings. Next to Password change from Enabled to Disabled. If Disabled is not an option then you have an IT policy on the device preventing you from disabling the password feature.

CBR900RR
09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
I have the same issue but i have no media card in the phone yet...going absolutly insane trying to figure out where the hell my 'disable' option is...help?

Options>Security Options>General Settings>Password click the left button next to the trackball, I get

Help
Change Option
Change Password
Wipe Handheld
Verify Security Software
Save
Switch Application
Close

If I click the trackball, I get

Enable
Disable