PDA

View Full Version : still missing browser...whats up?

JinFocker
08-12-2007, 11:14 AM
i register at the hosting table and then went to bis to send service books. i even change the tcp setting to read wap.voicestream.com. i have tzones, but i dont have my bb browser. can someone try to help me out here pleasE?

wabbit
08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
the few i read about this, is some phones were shipped with a bad cd, that kills a browser, goto you cell provider, and download the latest os update and install it, should have the browser back ..

John Clark
08-12-2007, 11:27 AM
TMo will have a new OS early this week. I recommend installing that one when it releases.

TechieGal
08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
i register at the hosting table and then went to bis to send service books. i even change the tcp setting to read wap.voicestream.com. i have tzones, but i dont have my bb browser. can someone try to help me out here pleasE?

Sometimes the only thing to do is have your provider's tech support send out the full service books. Most providers should have a tool that has this, rather than when you send it yourself through bis, which only contains your service books for the email. The other thing you can do is go into options, then advanced options, then applications on your blackberry, and check to be sure the browser application is there. If not run application loader through the desktop manager and when you get to the device application selection screen, be SURE browser is checked off! Hope this helps, let me know if any of it doesnt make sense...

JinFocker
08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
it worked. i got them to resend service books on their end and now i got the browser back. thanks yall.

Sometimes the only thing to do is have your provider's tech support send out the full service books. Most providers should have a tool that has this, rather than when you send it yourself through bis, which only contains your service books for the email. The other thing you can do is go into options, then advanced options, then applications on your blackberry, and check to be sure the browser application is there. If not run application loader through the desktop manager and when you get to the device application selection screen, be SURE browser is checked off! Hope this helps, let me know if any of it doesnt make sense...